Scored some good parts at PnP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored some good parts at PnP

Headed up to pick-n-pull in Columbus today, they have a decent 91' blue Festiva on the lot.

I scored some nice swoopies(?) off of it, fusable links, clear headlight assemblys, side trims, front grille, a gauge cluster with tach and corner marker lights off of it.

Dont know if anyone in the Columbus area is looking for an A/C setup but the car has it and everything looks to be there. Its a 5 spd, All dash and inside parts are there. Has rear wiper, but back hatch wouldnt open.

Its pretty much a complete car other than the stuff I took off of it.

I really wanted the rear axle bushings but couldnt get them to budge, lol thats the whole reason I went up there.
    Last edited by mikeand; 07-02-2011, 07:35 AM.
    1991 Smoketiva - 306k
    1997 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker
    2004 Sebring

Did you try flipping the inside latch for the hatch to unlock it, or was it jammed?

How was the hood?

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Sounds like it was a 90 with the tach and swoopies, you should go back and get cargo light, inttermitant wipers, check for under seat tray. headrests with holes bring a few bucks too!
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

cargo light cover was missing and no underseat tray. Did have the headrests with holes and the back seat that folds down in two pieces. I tried the inside latch, I think it is jammed.

The hood looked decent I guess, had rust/rusted under the front lip of it.
        1991 Smoketiva - 306k
        1997 Jeep Cherokee - 4.6L Stroker
        2004 Sebring

Comment

Sometimes you have to flip the inner latch back and forth, and alternate with pulling on the outside handle to get these things to open up.

Thanks for the hood info,

Karl

Comment

I made a score as well, they had only one Festy, but today and tomorrow, seats are $7.50, carpet $5 and fender were $25(?!?). The Festy seats were torn a bit, but I've been eyeballing a pair of '95 Paseo seats. They are at the VERY bad row, I didn't see the sign until I was paying, so I took my stuff to the car and went back out, get to the back, as I'm walking up, I see the car has no seats. CRAP!!

But I look to the rear of the car and what's peeking out? As I walk to the back, I notice the carpet is gone, someone already pulled the seats for me!!! $17.11 and I'm out the door!!
            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
            2005 Accord - wife's DD
            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Ha! I love it when parts are pre-removed and ready for carrying off!

Karl

Comment

Working...
              X