Visiting San Francisco Bay area Later this month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visiting San Francisco Bay area Later this month

My wife and I will be visiting the SF Bay area for the first time later this month.
    As it stand right now we will be staying the first night near the airport in a hotel that is close to the Millbrae Intermodal Terminal.
    We arrive at 5:45 on the 22nd and plan to rent a car on Saturday.
    We plan to take Bart to downtown SF and spend the day there on Saturday seeing some of the tourist sites and then take some driving trips up and down the coast the remainder of the time. We will be leaving on Wednesday night the 27th.
    Welcome suggestions about what to see and what to avoid during our trip from anyone living in the area or anyone that has visited there recently.

Watch yourself while visiting the "gay bay" area. Keep your mouth shut and don't tell anyone where you are staying, or they will follow you home. You can't even have the window open at night, or they will climb the balconies to break in. Stay away from the hookers. Do not drive a manual transmission without checking if your parking brake works first. Have your video camera ready at all times. Remember, you are in earthquake territory! Did I leave anything out?

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
      Watch yourself while visiting the "gay bay" area. Keep your mouth shut and don't tell anyone where you are staying, or they will follow you home. You can't even have the window open at night, or they will climb the balconies to break in. Stay away from the hookers. Do not drive a manual transmission without checking if your parking brake works first. Have your video camera ready at all times. Remember, you are in earthquake territory! Did I leave anything out?
      Thanks for the warnings and advice...will keep them in mind.
      Do quakes you can feel really happen that ofter?

Comment

I was in that area for work (oakland area) and we ate at fisherman's wharf. I recommend it, its a little pricey but worth it!
        89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
        94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
        2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
        1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
          I was in that area for work (oakland area) and we ate at fisherman's wharf. I recommend it, its a little pricey but worth it!

Thanks...We do plan to eat there at least once.

Comment

There is A LOT of creepers there, that's all I can contribute. I don't know why anyone would want to go to SF. No parking, you have to pay to park, really weird streets, everythings crowded, it really sucks driving there, theres a few more too.
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
              wow...really? thats completely not true... thats all i can really say about that kind of bigotry towards the gay community... hookers are never really any thing you wanna see...kinda gross...

fishermans wharf is an awesome place to check out. so is Alcatraz. there is alot of theater there if you like plays, your hotel will have a kiosk of the major sights and tours in the lobby. the only thing i dont recommend is trying to drive in a car. parking can be expensive and a pain. take the trolley or a bus. there is alot less hassle that way.
              I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                There is A LOT of creepers there, that's all I can contribute. I don't know why anyone would want to go to SF. No parking, you have to pay to park, really weird streets, everythings crowded, it really sucks driving there, theres a few more too.
                ??? SF is a great city. Tons of excellent restaurants, museums, interesting architecture, culture, diversity, beautiful scenery, etc. In California, SF is a must-visit city. I hope you (the OP) have a blast visiting. Pack a jacket because even in the summer it can get cold(ish)!
                Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post
                  wow...really? thats completely not true... thats all i can really say about that kind of bigotry towards the gay community... hookers are never really any thing you wanna see...kinda gross...

+1. I don't know if he was trying to be funny, but definitely not helpful to the person asking for input.
                  Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by fastivaB6TG25MR View Post

Agree...bigotry in any form has no place here (even as an attempt at humor).

fishermans wharf is an awesome place to check out. so is Alcatraz. there is alot of theater there if you like plays, your hotel will have a kiosk of the major sights and tours in the lobby. the only thing i dont recommend is trying to drive in a car. parking can be expensive and a pain. take the trolley or a bus. there is alot less hassle that way.
                    Will not be driving in the city...
                    we will be staying at a hotel out of the city and will take public transportation to and around in the city.

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                    ??? SF is a great city. Tons of excellent restaurants, museums, interesting architecture, culture, diversity, beautiful scenery, etc. In California, SF is a must-visit city. I hope you (the OP) have a blast visiting. Pack a jacket because even in the summer it can get cold(ish)!
                    Thanks...will be sure to pack a jacket and umbrella.

Originally posted by perucho View Post
                    +1. I don't know if he was trying to be funny, but definitely not helpful to the person asking for input.
                    Took it as "tongue in cheek" (been around 66 years and not a stereotype.)

Tourist travel to see interesting and beautiful places and do interesting things (and have fun). San Francisco gets a lot of visitors because of its reputation for having lots of those attributes including a diverse population. Our city, Charleston, depend a great deal on the tourist and their dollars also so we understand. We are looking forward to our trip and expect to have a great time.

Comment

Working...
                    X