Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan

Will a FESTIVA handle a power invertor with a fan connected. Like a box fan?

sent from my FESTIVA on me EVO phone
    First time owner
    89 L carb'd - white / still needs work
    Bought for mpg and only paid $250

Define handle.

Direct connect to battery or through cig lighter?

What size, in watts, of a fan.

Why not use a 12v DC fan?

Purpose of fan?
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

To keep cooler

First time owner

Comment

I have seen some mounted to the dash that are DC, no inverter needed!
        '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
        '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
        '92 Aqua parts Car
        '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
        '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
        Your holy ghost will not save you.
        Your God plutonium will not save you.
        In fact...
        ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Yes it will. But like John said why not a 12 volt?
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Absolute best way to move air around the interior is to get a couple of 12volt computer fans run from the battery through a switch. Milli amps are used and you can leave a fan on for weeks and still come back and start your car.

Comment

I notice original poster is from Dallas, TEXAS. You other folk are northerners. IT makes a difference. Texas is like the seventh ring of hades far as heat. I should know, I am in Arkansas with in the eighth ring of hades. Yesterday up here in the hills I was only in upper 90s, down in river valley area they hit 107. I can only imagine what it was in Dallas yesterday, most likely hotter than 107.

If you get one of 12V fans you want one of the heavy duty all metal ones like you find in old buses and such, not the wimpy plastic wonders from Wally world. They tend to not last all that long. The metal ones last forever, plus if you mount it on dash and then have an accident, the metal grill makes a decorative forehead fashion accessory.

To answer original question, yep you can run box fan off inverter, just make sure constant (not peak) output of inverter is above what fan is. Inverters come in different sizes and one of the tiny ones for laptop isnt going to power the fan. How going to mount box fan? In back seat? Has to have plenty air behind it, cant have it up against seat back or anything.

Course why not be original and get one of those 2cycle 800 watt generators that HF sells with coupon for $100 this month. Mount it on top of Festy roof and start it up and run extension cord inside to several fans. Supposed to run 5 hour on gallon gas at half load... Hey low buck hybrid Festy!!!!!

Or heck get a generator big enough to run one of those $80 Chinese window air conditioners. Festy look cool with generator mounted on top and a room air conditioner in one of the side widows...
              Last edited by Banana Bonanza; 07-08-2011, 09:41 AM.

Comment

BB wrote:

"
                Or heck get a generator big enough to run one of those $80 Chinese window air conditioners. Festy look cool with generator mounted on top and a room air conditioner in one of the side widows..."

Darn right!

Imagine the fart can muffler you could put on that generator, too! Maybe blend it with your rear wing.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Banana Bonanza View Post
                  I notice original poster is from Dallas, TEXAS. You other folk are northerners.
                  I am not a northerner. VA is a southern state.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^^ Haha! All you're missing is "I'll have you know that my great great Grandfather fought in the War of Northern aggression Sir!" LOL :mrgreen:
                    If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                    Zulu Ministries

Comment

Comment

I got a 410 watt power invertor. Now I've got to hook it up.

First time owner

Comment

Why not just put factory or dealer ac in your car?
                          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

"^^ Haha! All you're missing is "I'll have you know that my great great Grandfather fought in the War of Northern aggression Sir!" LOL"

Reminds me, I still have to get a General Sherman T-shirt.

'Cause, you know, "war is heck."

His birthplace is in Lancaster, OH, too. I've never been to the museum at his home.

Karl
                            Last edited by Safety Guy; 07-10-2011, 02:06 PM.
                            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                              Why not just put factory or dealer ac in your car?
                              Cost. And this is just a make do car. Plus its only 104 degrees

First time owner

Comment

Working...
                              X