What's it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's it worth?

I have a chance to get a 91(?) auto festy suposedly rust free with no damage and a bunch of new parts for $900. New parts include full exhaust from engine back, new axles (cvs), new brakes, new tie rod ends, new disty, new radiattor fan, and 4 extra almost new 12" tires. The car has a/c which needs charged but it even comes with the retrofit kit and 2 cans of freon. The rear wiper does not work but I have a spare in the garage. The only other problem is the auto seat belts don't work. Easy fix I assume. What do you guys think, is it worth $900?
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
    I have a chance to get a 91(?) auto festy suposedly rust free with no damage and a bunch of new parts for $900. New parts include full exhaust from engine back, new axles (cvs), new brakes, new tie rod ends, new disty, new radiattor fan, and 4 extra almost new 12" tires. The car has a/c which needs charged but it even comes with the retrofit kit and 2 cans of freon. The rear wiper does not work but I have a spare in the garage. The only other problem is the auto seat belts don't work. Easy fix I assume. What do you guys think, is it worth $900?
    I would buy it right now no questions asked.

Assuming it ran well.

Comment

Get it now. It will be gone shortly.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^ X2, what he said!
        Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
        Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
        Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
        Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
        http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

dont read these replys just go get it!!!
          93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
          RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
          RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

My thoughts were the same... However I went to his place a month or so ago and looked at a 5spd that was probably the nicest one I have ever seen in person. It even had a tow bar but also a $1200 price tag. I didn't have the money at the time however so I couldn't get it. He told me he had this auto that was in BETTER shape that he would sell me for the same price once he got it out of the shop. I left him my number hoping it would need more than he was willing to spend hoping I would get it cheaper. Well he had the shop do all of the above mentioned to it. He called me this afternoon and told me $895 without me even trying to negotiate on the price. He says it runs and drives great with no problems, squeeks, or leaks. I recently pimped out my credit card for the girlfriend until she gets paid Thursday and then she will pay me back in cash, so I will get it then. As I said his other one was nice but this is supposed to be nicer! I am excited as hell right now and can't wait to see it. Pictures WHEN I bring it home. Oh and I forgot to mention, since I showed interest in it before it was fixed he is saving it for me and not listing it or telling anyone else about it! Yay!
            Last edited by doylerl; 07-05-2011, 06:04 PM.
            The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:

Comment

Well, slight change of plans... My gf has to work pretty much all day tomorrow, so I won't be heading over there until Friday. Fortunately he has agreed to this and has free time Friday morning to show me the car. Once again, he is a hell of a guy, who had 5 festivas at one time and babied them all. I will be sure to post pics when I get back with it. He lives just under 2 hours away and I plan on getting there around 10am. So Friday afternoon you will see the beauty!
              Last edited by doylerl; 07-06-2011, 07:55 PM.

My Fleet:

Comment

Working...
              X