How much would you pay for a used E5M-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much would you pay for a used E5M-R

Going to a guys house who has lots of festiva's. He has a E5m-R with 120k on it. Wants $200.00 seems high but it was a car he was driving and he swears I can run it w/o any problem. I'm wanting it for a spare tranny- Thanks, Thomas
    Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
    Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
    Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

You can buy parts cars for $200, so the only way I'd buy a stock tranny for $200 is if I was in a rush.... I'll sell you a G5MR for $200

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

They generally go for $50-100. You can mail then for $25 or so
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

I can get youa G5 on with 140k on it for 150....but I'm in S FL
        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

around here that's a good deal... it all depends on location and how fast you need the part.
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            You can buy parts cars for $200, so the only way I'd buy a stock tranny for $200 is if I was in a rush.... I'll sell you a G5MR for $200
            I cant find a parts car for that cheap around here. Prolly 400-500
            Originally posted by Nerd Racing View Post
            around here that's a good deal... it all depends on location and how fast you need the part.
            I tend to agree with you.

So I bought the tranny $200.00.It looks refurbished.New silver paint on the case.New seals & the input shaft is rock solid. Feels smooth through all the gears. Good to go,plus I bought two seats from a GL+@ $20.00 each for my sons car. This guy had so much stuff stuffed into a two story storage unit ! His Dad is a retired Ford wrench. And he works on Festy's for a retiremant hobby/job. I cant believe how many cars they must have parted out. It has to be close to 50.
            Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
            Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
            Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
            X