No announcement yet.

Is it just me? HP, seat of the pants...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it just me? HP, seat of the pants...

I have an 88 and a 92. Both new to me. The 92 is noticeably quicker. I know that the 88 needs a tune up and will get one soon. Maybe that will equalize the seat of the pants feel. If not, I'm considering swapping fuel systems or engines. Does anyone have info regarding HP, Torque numbers, and transmission gear ratios throughout the years? My goal is to still have excellent fuel economy while gaining power. I live in a hilly area and I currently have to do a lot of shifting to make it up hills. Is this common with Festivas?
    88LX 5 speed.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Carbys are 58 HP, EFI Festys are 63 HP. To me, the best stock combo is an EFI 5-speed car with about 14 degrees ignition advance (run premium gas for detonation protection), and the airbox mod (drill lotsa holes in the bottom airbox piece, for extra breathing at higher RPMs).
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I've seen those numbers somewhere. Is fuel delivery the only difference though the years?
      88LX 5 speed.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

Comment

Post #9 will lead you to a useful link.
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
        X