Why can't more cars look like this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Obama wants dumb ugly cars...

Are you happy now Obama supporters !!!??
    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post

I wasn't aware that political drama had anything to do with what cars look like, nor was I aware that it was blatantly allowed here.

On topic, if all cars looked like that, well, ALL CARS WOULD LOOK LIKE THAT! I don't know about you, but I wouldn't like that. Just sayin'.

I see that you said "more"instead of "all"... Moving on.
      Last edited by Christ; 07-13-2011, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Yeah, definitely not "all" but more would be nice. Though I'd be happy if most (not quite all, wouldn't work well on my Miata) cars were hatchback and not trunk cars (see username lol). I love my MX6 to death, but if I could find a 626 five door hatch I'd swap for that in a heartbeat! Same goes for wifey's 940, wish we could find a 940 or 240 wagon instead.

'91 626 hatchback

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Oh someones sensitive lol
          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post

Since when politics has anything to do with car design?

If it was really the case then in Bush times you would be in this.

Comment

As an Australian now living in Canada I have realised there is much love from locals toward the 'UTES' we have back home. I'm suprised they have not release similar here, I can see truck owners who want a pickup & a sporty car would be all over them.

& an older model...

1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Comment

Not so much digging the truck version as I am the wagon remake, but its pretty hot too. If you ever go back to Aussieland to visit, can you please bring me back one?

And to M3NTAL and Phoenix, lets not get this thread deleted for politics. Seriously. This is about sexy cars, not politics. I'll go ahead and answer my own question. We can't have more cars like this because the average American wouldn't buy it.
                Last edited by htchbck; 07-13-2011, 09:32 AM.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Funnily enough, my boss asked about importing one but I think complying one here would be next to if not completely impossible. It'd likely end up being a car you could not drive on the roads or insure.

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                    Not so much digging the truck version as I am the wagon remake, but its pretty hot too. If you ever go back to Aussieland to visit, can you please bring me back one?

And to M3NTAL and Phoenix, lets not get this thread deleted for politics. Seriously. This is about sexy cars, not politics. I'll go ahead and answer my own question. We can't have more cars like this because the average American wouldn't buy it.
                    Copout, 100%.

This "average american" bollocks is what brought us to the cookie cutter, 3 box design standard by which most cars currently are shaped.

Who determined the "av'erge" anyway? Through bs marketing like this, americans have been trained into believing that this particular piece of garbage -or that one- is capable of best serving their needs.

Take a poll around town, and make it truly blind. No brand comparison, etc, and I bet you find the average to be pretty damn far off the actual opinion of many "murrikins".

P.S. If you didn't catch the undertone to this post, it was probably directed at you.

Comment

To be honest though, cars are designed & released to suit the market they are entering.

Japan will create a car, but not all countries get that same car, it amazes me how many cars never make it to American Soil & same goes for Australia. Some of it is determined by what the market demands, but another big part is political, not in the sense that began above, but more in a business sense - The US wont want to bring in a car from Japan that competes heavily with a domestic vehicle released by Chev for example.

Comment

They have that car on top gear

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                        -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Originally posted by rakfint View Post
                          As an Australian now living in Canada I have realised there is much love from locals toward the 'UTES' we have back home. I'm suprised they have not release similar here, I can see truck owners who want a pickup & a sporty car would be all over them.

& an older model...

Australia makes nice cars
                          I'd love a Holden Commodore (not one rebranded as a Pontiac G8 ).
                          Or maybe some Aussie market Fords.
                          Last edited by Oren09; 07-13-2011, 10:48 AM.
                          ~Austin
                          Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Now that I am in Canada and don't see these cars every day I appreciate them a little more, but back home they are pretty much THE most common car on the road so they get boring fast as every second car is one. Much like seeing a Pontiac here.

Comment

Originally posted by Christ View Post
                              Copout, 100%.

This "average american" bollocks is what brought us to the cookie cutter, 3 box design standard by which most cars currently are shaped.

Who determined the "av'erge" anyway? Through bs marketing like this, americans have been trained into believing that this particular piece of garbage -or that one- is capable of best serving their needs.

Take a poll around town, and make it truly blind. No brand comparison, etc, and I bet you find the average to be pretty damn far off the actual opinion of many "murrikins".

P.S. If you didn't catch the undertone to this post, it was probably directed at you.
                              Ok, poor choice of words on my part on the "average American". I know many people would love to see awesome cars on the road. But the automakers are trying hard to have the least number of different cars that the largest number of people will buy. So everyone ends up having to settle for something not exactly what they want. If we all owned our own car companies then we could all have exactly what we want. My main point was that its not the president or political parties that decide cool cars will not be made/sold here (though the EPA and NTHSA sure aren't helping lol).

In other news, here are cars that should have been available in a wagon format.

BMW E38 (mid-late '90s 7 series)

Anything that long and sleek and sexy is just begging for a couple more glass panels and a hatch in the rear.

And even though I don't particularly like Chrysler, I think the big second gen Concorde would have made a nice wagon.

Last edited by htchbck; 07-13-2011, 11:24 AM.
                              No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                              X