Feats of strength...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feats of strength...

I drove the Festy to the county fair yesterday. I drive it everywhere but may not be able to anymore. When I went back to the car at the end of the night it was rotated 90°. The back tires were way up on the lawn and the fronts were still on the street a little out from the tall curb. No harm done. Just a little annoyed. I guess it could have been worse and moved or parked somewhere that made driving away impossible without help or towing. Lesson learned. Avoid driving it to large events with large crowds where alcohol is served. (I can't say for certain that alcohol was involved but I'm sure we're all aware of beer muscles.) :tongue3:
    88LX 5 speed.

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.

My students picked mine up and backed It up between the school bus's to where I could. Not even stand next to it . They soon moved it after I informed them they would not graduate hehe

Festivamadness.com
    Festiva moffia mom!!!

CONTACT FOR 4TH STIVA:July 2 2011.TURKEY STIVA
    91-auto gl :::Ol Glory

Comment

A little off, but when I came out of watching Transformers 3 the other day there was at least 7 or 8 Large styrofoam pop (soda) cups sitting on my wing. I was at the end of the main row so they must have had a hangout party while waiting for their showing at midnight. No biggie but yes I was a good bit miffed about it.
      -Bryant

Comment

mine got moved up against a curb one day i got a lil upset....cuz to back out i wouldve =scratched the rimsand been even more upset ... so one other person and i had to lift and slide the back end over to fix it
        91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

My friends used to do things like that to the Renault LeCar I used to own.
          Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
          '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
          '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

Saw an original Mini turned sideways in a parking stall once with cars parked normally on each side. I hope the owner didn't have to wait too long...
            Ian
            Calgary AB, Canada
            93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
            59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Your lucky most of the time when a festiva is picked up it caves in the quarter panels
              -Greg
              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
              Redneck Engineer
              FOTY - '09
              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Try grabbing ^ euros and lifting it up You will come up bleeding.
                1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

2 mates of mine moved another mates gf's 121 bubble 90° and then refused to move their cars till after school at 3:30 they finally moved when we finished at 3. surprising that two blokes moved the bubble.

Comment

It's the only downside to owning a small car that I've run into so far. The only seemingly safe deterrent I can think of is some nasty sticky undercoating of tar or something. I went to the fair again last night and had to take my truck. I passed many parking spots along the streets that I easily could have parked the Festy in but there was no way I was going to fit a full size truck in.
                    88LX 5 speed.

Comment

I cant stand people messing with other peoples cars. Pisses me off so much, just the fact it's not their property. I went off at one guy once because he was on the phone and need to right something down, and he was using a car boot as a rest whilst having single piece of paper and a ball point pen hate to think what it would of done to the paint. So disrespectful.
                      93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
                      98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
                      98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

^ x2 we took our car to nerang for a check up and tune before we sold it.. was a vy ss commodore. he hooned it out of the shop and couldnt care less. thankfully we were selling it otherwise if it was my car i would have socked the bustard and left without paying..

Comment

Originally posted by endeavor11 View Post
                          I drove the Festy to the county fair yesterday. I drive it everywhere but may not be able to anymore. When I went back to the car at the end of the night it was rotated 90°. The back tires were way up on the lawn and the fronts were still on the street a little out from the tall curb. No harm done. Just a little annoyed. I guess it could have been worse and moved or parked somewhere that made driving away impossible without help or towing. Lesson learned. Avoid driving it to large events with large crowds where alcohol is served. (I can't say for certain that alcohol was involved but I'm sure we're all aware of beer muscles.) :tongue3:
                          haaa...by the title I thought you were referring to "Festivus" (Seinfeld)
                          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          There ain't no rest for the wicked
                          until we close our eyes for good.
                          I will sleep when I die!
                          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

The title definitely reflects the fact that I am a Seinfeld fan.
                            88LX 5 speed.

Comment

Just playing around. I know, the doors are off. I can pick up the back of a festiva with the doors still on too. No big deal, but I'm just a little guy! 8^)

I flipped over my festiva to drop the engine and transmission.
                              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Working...
                              X