2-step launch control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-step launch control

Mainly pertaining to those with turbos.. who all is using a 2-step launch control? if so what kind, and what's your thoughts about it? I just got mine in the mail today, it's msd and plugs right into my msd ignition box =] i can't wait to try it out.

Also, is there anybody with 2-steppin festiva videos? I'd love to see them
    -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
    -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

I haven't had a chance to research what a 2-step launch control is, i understand what launch control is, but 2-step? do you mind explaining this one to me?

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

It wires into your ignition system and your clutch sensor.. you tell it what rpm you want it set at, and with the clutch pushed in it will only rev to that rpm done so by cutting either ignition or fuel (in this case ignition) causing the fuel build up in your exhaust to combust spitting flames and making pops as it shoots out..

benefits of 2 step are you can mash the accelerator and just watch the tree drop, also you can flat foot shift and keep your turbo spooled =]

Comment

Ah ok, i thought it was something along that lines, thanks

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I have that feature on my car ( Megasquirt)
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

i got that in mine too... haltech and the best part is i dont need to swap chips/pills... i just need to type in a few keys on the laptop

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
            1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

Originally posted by eurotiva View Post
              I have that feature on my car ( Megasquirt)
              I've seen your videos on youtube but i never recognized you had two step. you should make a video of it set at different levels and show it off.. same with sasquatch

Comment

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
                1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

looks like it works really well!!

with an N/A car
                  93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
                  RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
                  RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

ya, na it works great but i think your gonna have alot of traction problems lol...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

thats why i just got some nitto triple 5 r's 205/55 r14 for my fronts. i know traction will still be distant but the car is still gonna be motivating forward pretty hard, eventually ill have slicks

Comment

and, awesome video btw

Comment

i got the same tires sitting in my shop waiting to go on... not much meat left tho lol... but who cares, i got them for free

im later gonna get some 22/8/13 MT for the strip, they should help a bit...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch

Comment

Working...
                          X