Festiva GFX??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva GFX??

My dad has a 89 Festiva L, automatic. It has ground effects, alloy wheels, some graphics and a "GFX" decal. The ground effects are an add on to the body, and consist of side skirts and rear bumper spats, they follow the flow of the stock front bumper and are color matched (red) and look to be added on by a dealer or very early in the cars life. Nothing else about the car is redeeming, no AC or CC. Anyone ever see one of these? I'll post a pic of it as soon as I'm back helping him do a BP and 5 speed swap. The B3 over heated and blew a head gasket....
    Last edited by redglx; 07-19-2011, 03:03 PM.

PICS PICS PICS, I don't know what you could have but this is worthless without pics
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Comment

Originally posted by redglx View Post
      Nothing else about the car is redeeming.
      No one here will agree with that. It's a festiva. The redeeming qualities are endless.
      We want pics.
      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Yes, pics.
        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I know, I need to get some pictures. I've never seem one. Will post asap. My dad isn't home right now, so maybe tomorrow, as he need to pull the ECU (and other parts for our swap)

The car is redeeming enough to us, between he and I we own:

1936 Ford Pickup street rod 302/c4 (his)
          1966 Dodge Coronet 500 440/4 speed (his, was mine)
          1969 Dodge Dart GTS 340/4 speed (mine)
          1976 Ford F-250 High Boy 4x4 with Mercury 410/4 speed (his)
          1979 Ford F-150 Short wide box 4x4 351m/4 speed soon to be 460/5 speed (mine)

He was going to scrap it and I proposed the b6/8 or BP swap.....he decided on BP/5 speed and we all ready have a 94 Protoge LX engine with 84K, just need the other parts.....
          Last edited by redglx; 07-19-2011, 03:51 PM.

Comment

There are people here with twin turbo v8 cobras who daily drive festivas because of their redeeming qualities. Not just 50 +mpg either. Some festivas will.......
            ford festiva with a bp-t and a g25mr running 12 sec 1/4 mile passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
              There are people here with twin turbo v8 cobras who daily drive festivas because of their redeeming qualities. Not just 50 +mpg either. Some festivas will.......
              ford festiva with a bp-t and a g25mr running 12 sec 1/4 mile passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ABrUNCCC4Y
              Nice, we like it because its easier to maneuver than my dads 2000 f-350 crew cab or my Magnum R/T! I think they are great cars and honestly their the root of true hot rodding, adding performance and doing what you want to your car on a budget! Were honestly quite stoked to be modifying it.
              Last edited by redglx; 07-19-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

glad you decided not to scrap it....but you can always take off those awful added skirts and stuff and give them to me to dispose of. LOL.
                By the way...take a moment to add your location to your profile so we all know where to come and steal your sideskirts....hehehe.
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Pic attached. Getting more, sent from my dads Blackberry, so.....yea.
                  Last edited by redglx; 07-20-2011, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Nice lookin car! I'd say it's a 1989 L Plus that someone added alloy wheels to.
                    -Josh R

Comment

those are side skirts and a different rear bumper cover.

Comment

Where you located? It is good to add your location so if your in trouble those close know they can offer a hand.

Comment

I remember quite a few years ago the was a member in Texas the had a car with this same type of body kit. It was white I believe. Anyone remember the thread? Actually maybe that was the old site. This has to be the rarest of rare. I do think there was some type of dealer installed kit. Yours might be one. If so, it would be very cool to keep it as is till you get some very good pics of the kit, sticker and wheels. Those wheels are very cool. What size? 12"...13"? What does the center car say if anything? I don't recall seeing them on another brand of car. They well may be part of the GFX "package". There can't have been very many of these put together. It would be cool to find some production figures.

I, as well as many others I'm sure, am glad your came here to share what you found. Body kits of any kind are always a hot topic for for Festy owners. Your is very interesting and I would love to see more.

I just find it interesting because I remember at the age of 18 My parents offered to buy me a NEW car. We were at the local Ford dealership and I saw a new Festiva with what I called at the time "ground effects". I have never seen another with those style parts from a dealer. Nor have I even found a picture or talked to anyone the new of such. Until now! This is what I saw. When I read GFX in your post it came back to me. I remember seeing that as well.

I will be watching this thread to see what others have to add about it. I'm sure your PM box will get jammed with offers to buy and copy the parts. Best of luck with what you decide to do with it. I'm sure it will be awesome.

P.S.
                          The coolest part of that 1988 Festiva I saw on the lot was it was my favorite color Festy. That sapphire blue! I wanted it bad but my parents couldn't swing the sticker price. I clearly remember it was over 8k. They were only spending $3990. I ended up with a YUGO! Uhhh. POS.
                          Last edited by David88; 07-20-2011, 12:10 PM.
                          '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
                          '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
                          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
                          '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
                          '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
                          '66 International Harvester pickup

Comment

Hey guys thanks for the input. The rear is the factory bumper cover, there are two "spats," one on each side. I feel the same way about this being a dealer installed kit as it was done pretty good. The wheels I think are 13" and I'll need to look them over to see what they are. I'll get more pics when I'm back home, i will be helping my dad do the swap. Over all the car is in great shape, a few dings on the other side and faded paint. My brother-in-law has a 90 Festiva, so I guess its now a family thing! I'll fill out my location, I typically do that on the forums I join!

My dad payed little for it because it didn't run, i told him to check the inertia switch, he bypasses it and it fired right up! We did replace the inertia switch.....
                            Last edited by redglx; 07-20-2011, 02:36 PM.

Comment

That rear bumper looks like an effects piece that was added to the lower part of the factory bumper. They used to do this all the time with mini trucks back in the day. In fact, I believe they did it to Fox bodied Mustangs as well (the aftermarket I mean).
                              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                              2005 Accord - wife's DD
                              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
                              X