What color should I go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What color should I go?

I've been doing the body work to get dings and such out. I'm about to get my F series swapped in then it is time to finish up body work and spray it.

I was wondering what color I should go with, my first thought was stick with red, like a super bright red. Then I realized I will look exactly like maxtiva once all is said and done.

So any recomnedations. I just hate not having a matching engine bay, and door jams. I know I can fix the door jams with a spray can though. Engine bay... Not so easy

Colors I've thought about...

White, Yellow, Baby Blue, Purple or black. IDK WHAT TO DO
    Previous owner of ZEFstiva

Stripes mean your going fast

Comment

Black. Door jams will be easy with that and a red engine bay would still be "hip/cool"....plus it would still match your vc
      "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

You could always go two-tone, top half black to match the CF hood, lower half red to match engine bay/door jams etc, plus I'm kinda partial to red :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I've also just noticed alot of the best festys are red :/ So Idk if I wanna stay red. break the mold!

Ill honestly likely stay red

Comment

So why ask us ^ then ? Haha

I personally like White, DSG, What about Grabber blue?
            -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Because I was wondering if there is something I havnt thought of haha. I've heard wrapping your engine in foil and spray can the bay

Comment

When you do the tranny swap, just go for it and pull the motor as well, then spray your bay haha.
                -Josh R

Comment

^^ yep, what he said.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

More years ago than I can think of, I thought paint it rusted. Now that is being done.

More recently I have been thinking blast the whole car then clear it.

Of your choices Purple has been done the least.
                    -Bryant

Comment

I'm with you......I don't like having a different color under the hood, in the door jams, etc.. What about looking at some different colors of red?? I'm not a big fan of red (although I am a Big Red fan, LOL) but I really like the Redfire Metallic on my '04 Mustang. It looks like a slightly dark (almost blood red) in the shade but the high metallic flakes really sparkle in the sunlight and make all the body lines glow. If you look under the hood & in the door jams, Ford used a regular flat red so I think your existing door jams & such would look fine and almost factory....
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Here's a couple crappy pics from my cell phone on a cloudy day. In person, the highlights and body lines really light up and glow. I can send better pics if you want. I think it would be awesome with the bulging fender lines of a Festy!
                        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Porsche 1978 Signal Yellow

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                            Here's a couple crappy pics from my cell phone on a cloudy day. In person, the highlights and body lines really light up and glow. I can send better pics if you want. I think it would be awesome with the bulging fender lines of a Festy!
                            WOW!!! Sooner Helmet Red!!!!
                            1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                            1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                            1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                            1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                            2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                            2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                            2005 Accord - wife's DD
                            2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                            2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I'd go red then get the upper half wrapped in CF vinyl.
                              1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
                              1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
                              1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
                              1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
                              2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
                              2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
                              2005 Accord - wife's DD
                              2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
                              2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

Working...
                              X