Need new muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new muffler

Anything come to mind to replace the stock muffler. And do any of the "biggies" (Midas, Walt's) carry them. Right now I'm sounding like a old Fiat!

At Jeg's, $25.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I cut a replacement muffler off a Nissan at Pull-A-Part for $5.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I used a cheap short turbo muffler with couple adapters welded on, also welded on hangers from old one. Think it was like $15 at one of the mcpart stores. They've got more expensive since, while back priced them and Amazon has them little over $20 now shipped. That was as cheap as I found. Cant remember exact but seemed like they are something like $29.95 at the mcpart stores now. Plus cost of adapters.

I wish somebody would make a cheap super quiet muffler. I'm getting old and cranky and dont like noise anymore.... Seems all the aftermarket mufflers are advertised to make an annoying noise of one sort or another. Not single one of them brags about being super quiet. So the el cheapo turbo mufflers seem to be about closest compromise.

And used mufflers? Again fine and dandy for folk that have a pick a part available. You talk to salvage guy around here and they want crazy price for used exhaust parts. They'd want at least as much as new turbo muffler for a used one.

Comment

Quick fix for the stock muffler. I have used these and they work great. not to loud as the turbo mufflers are. Also are priced very well.

Comment

Thanks to all! Went with DriverOne suggestion. Had a couple of Iranian guys who own a muffler shop put it on for $65.00 muffler and labor. The old one was a burned out shell. Said it wouldn't cure my annoying rattle though. Thinks it probably the heat shield.

Comment

Pics! Let's see the craftsmanship :-D
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by jwt101 View Post
                Quick fix for the stock muffler. I have used these and they work great. not to loud as the turbo mufflers are. Also are priced very well.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WALKE...item27ba92d1b6
                I bought a Festiva stock muffler at Advance for $28. Looked just like this one; I think it was a Walker in fact. Had all the hangers on it too, and even a weep hole for condensation.
                90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                X