Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woah, huge savings on parts!

Hi all,

I have just been given permission & access to a co-workers Parts & Accessories account. He's even said I can use it to help out friends if I want to.

I know a lot of you are in the states but I had to share this as i'm pretty damn excited to start ordering stuff for my Festy!!

Although the savings vary on each item, an example, a waterpump for a 91 Festy says the list price is $230, and I can pick it up for $37 NEW!!

Let me know if you want me to search prices of anything, i'd curious to see how much we could all save here haha
    1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Originally posted by rakfint View Post
    Hi all,

I have just been given permission & access to a co-workers Parts & Accessories account. He's even said I can use it to help out friends if I want to.

I know a lot of you are in the states but I had to share this as i'm pretty damn excited to start ordering stuff for my Festy!!

Although the savings vary on each item, an example, a waterpump for a 91 Festy says the list price is $230, and I can pick it up for $37 NEW!!

Let me know if you want me to search prices of anything, i'd curious to see how much we could all save here haha
    Not sure where you are getting prices....but I paid less then that I believe for my new WP last time I did seals on an engine. $230.00 is NO WHERE near what I have ever seen listed.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Hrmm, actually now that I think about it.. you're right... there must be some errors in the list price it shows haha

either way, this is an account with the people who supply to other big parts dealers that we usually buy from so in most areas they should be damn cheap!

Comment

$20 from Rock Auto right now. In Distribution, "LIST PRICES" are set incredibly high on purpose. That way they don't have to change any published List prices for many years and only have to change the "multiplier" to increase the price. Also, with a high list price, you can give multiple levels of multipliers to different types of buyers and still leave profit room. In other words, the LIST price is not intended to be a sell price, but actually a starting reference point for multi-level pricing structure. For example:

List = $230
        Retail Consumer gets a .700 multiplier ($230 X .700)
        Jobber (resale dealer) gets a .500 multiplier ( so they can sell to retail customers and make money)
        Distributor gets a .350 multiplier (so they can sell to the Jobber or Dealer and make profit)

Next year they can just raise the multipliers to .800, .600 and .450 respectively and not have to change the LIST price. In addition, the multipliers are also usually tied to some type of quantity levels or total spend as well. A small Jobber or dealer may get the .500 multiplier, but if they buy in the 100pcs - 249pcs quantity range they may get a .455 multiplier.
        Last edited by blkfordsedan; 07-27-2011, 11:18 PM.
        Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
        04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
        62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
        Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by rakfint View Post
          Hrmm, actually now that I think about it.. you're right... there must be some errors in the list price it shows haha

either way, this is an account with the people who supply to other big parts dealers that we usually buy from so in most areas they should be damn cheap!
          lol...I see...anyway...I just looked at Rock Auto and the highest price on a Water Pump is $34.00...lowest was 20 bucks
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Keep in mind, Canada is likely much different to the states.

Give me something to search, im bored hehe

Comment

lol...switched to Canadian pricing and it was actually a couple bucks cheaper....sheeeesh!
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Silly canada

If anyone needs any lincoln ford or mercury parts contact tousley ford and tell them your on SVTPerf forums and they will give you 10% over invoice on EVERYTHING, ( works great for my F150 and Cobra parts! )
                Last edited by M3NTAL; 07-27-2011, 11:10 PM.
                -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

You mean you changed the currency to CAD? I mean to buy here, it may be a different story, i'll have to dig out my reciept from when I got my water pump a while back from lordco & compare.

Comment

yep
                    89L Silver EFI auto
                    91GL Green Auto DD
                    I will sleep when I die!

Comment

Often the killer is shipping to Canada. I know Rock Auto, Summit etc. Have great deals but apparently the border is a very profitable business.

-Scott
                      Aqua 93 L
                      Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                      White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                        lol...switched to Canadian pricing and it was actually a couple bucks cheaper....sheeeesh!
                        That's our dollar for yah. 500 USD cost me 490 CAD! After fees!

-Scott
                        Aqua 93 L
                        Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
                        White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

Okay.. so I dug out the receipt. When I bought it I was using the same guys account but from Lordco instead of the place I now have access to.

Unit Price $119.99 - Discounted Price $40.12

Why so expensive in Canada??

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                            That's what happens when our Fed prints money to offset our deficit spending!!
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

My cost at our highest priced supplier is $25 for a new waterpump.
                              Not sure about the other suppliers, don't have access to their system here at the house.
                              Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
                              1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

Working...
                              X