Identifying a Disty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identifying a Disty

Like it says.....how do I know what a B6T disty looks like versus a B6 versus a B3 disty? I got some distributors in a bulk box of parts and was told there was a B6T one in there....but I need to know for sure........thanks
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

hey, got your pm, just forgot to get back to you. Not sure on the Dizzys. IIRC, the turbo dizzy has a single vac diaphram, and the NA dizzy has a dual vac.
    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Yup and efi b3s have no vac....except 89 auto of course.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

If they are efi dizzys, all single came have the tabs at 90deg and dual cam are closer to 180deg apart. The internals should all be the same for efi
        Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
        93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
        91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
        93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
        15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
        88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

ok.....it also has to be a turbo Disty....which is different then the NA disty
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
            ok.....it also has to be a turbo Disty....which is different then the NA disty
            huh? what info are you actually after?
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
              huh? what info are you actually after?
              I need to know what the turbo Disty looks like and the differences between the b3 b6 and b6t looks wise. I have a box with distys in it I was given by someone and was told that at least 1 was for a b6 but do not know if it is b6 or b6t.

Don't want to buy one if I don't have too.
              89L Silver EFI auto
              91GL Green Auto DD
              I will sleep when I die!

Comment

ah ok well the B3 (carb and '89 efi) and B6 (first gen) both have 2 vac ports, the B6t only has 1 vac port.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                  ah ok well the B3 (carb and '89 efi) and B6 (first gen) both have 2 vac ports, the B6t only has 1 vac port.
                  ok....thats the only difference that I will be able to see?

and what about the 90 up b3's
                  89L Silver EFI auto
                  91GL Green Auto DD
                  I will sleep when I die!

Comment

yup physicaly. the timing curvs are different as well, but you can't see that lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X