88 Accord...interference or no?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 88 Accord...interference or no?

Going to look at it in a bit. Says broken timing belt. Google searches give both answers. I believe its the A20A1 carburetors engine. Lots of new stuff and it looked decent in pics...$400...

So is it interference or not?
    91GL BP/F3A with boost
    13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

auto or stick?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Atx
      91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

no issues there! typicaly with ATx trans engines, when the belt snaps, the engine stalls immediately and won't smack the valves.

and i just so you know, i looked it up, and you have a NON interferance engine.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Yep, the A20 is non. Had the FI version in my '89 hatch. 35MPG running pizza. Almost on par with my pizza festies over the years. And it is a big car for being a hatch, but still a blast to drive. I love the pop up headlights and how they kinda flip but also raise up a bit. If I found another hatch again I'd jump on it in a heartbeat. Sold mine to wife's brother when he got out of prison. He blew the trans, crushed it, and hes headed back to prison again anyway.
          On a side note, I probably wouldn't kill for an aerodeck version, but I have a feeling I'd at least consider it :-P

No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Yea I think I'm gonna abort this operation. Lot of rust where the upper control arm mounts. Also had a good bit of front end damage. Definitely bad timing belt though.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
              put me in line for ine of those!!!!! with a J series swap. i would drive a honda if it was that (so sexy).

Comment

Working...
              X