Monstiva Parked Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monstiva Parked Again

Going to work at 5:30 this morning coming down 944 (wertzville rd mechanicsburg pa) now i dont know if anyone has followed my build thread but this past week i have been trying out "forced fit" springs and well the solution is the festy does not like them

i came down 944 off of sterretz gap and pretty much bottomed out at the bottom. I heard the fender rub the rubber and even saw a very small amount of sparks but they went away quickly so i thought nothing of it. continued down the road only for the steering wheel to begin shaking rapidly and everything making a very loud noise (belts in the tire started to bust)

finally i heard what i thought was a shotgun going off only 30 yards away (BOOM!) i pulled over as soon as i could.

what i found on the drivers side wheel was a beautiful hole with a diameter wide enough to probably shove a pepsi can into, cords sharred threw the rubber of the tire and belt bubbles the whole way around.

What will I do next: struts, tie rods, and ball joints are getting replaced. factory springs are getting sand blasted and painted (pretty good rust on them) and reinstalled, and getting a fresh set of rubber the whole way around. wheel alignment and she'll be back on the road.

just wanted to share my horror story of the day

where are you gonna find the rubber?
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

to be honest i dont have a clue. I had started putting money back to get a nice set of 13's or 14in rims but now ill probably get a cheap set of geo steelies to put rubber on them as i have found so far 12in rubber is pretty much obsolete.

Comment

i have rims to get you through if you need, till you find something you like.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

13's? need rubba? ill put 60% treads on them for ya if they do?

Comment

they're bare rims, you throw on what you like, though i recomend nothing bigger than 175/70s or you'll have rubbing issues.

Comment

whats the average size
              to put on them?

Comment

well if you can find 165/65s you'll be in buisness, but you can get 155/80s and 165/70s and they'll work as well.

Comment

alright cool deal bro. ive been looking everywhere but just cant find a set with the lug pattern and offset that i actually like. right now im still avoiding the aspire swap until it runs 100% perfect "stock". id probably settle for 90% right now lol.

Comment

here and here

Comment

lol i meant looking for rims. check your pm's too dude. i found something for you

Comment

Working...
                      X