Too cool for school!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too cool for school!

Is there such a thing as having too big a radiator?
    I live in western australia and the coolest it gets is 33ºf (very rare) and the hottest it can get in summer is around 115º. I'll be running a B3 for the time being but ive got a kind of aggressive driving style.

Any way ive got a near new radiator from a previous car (4L 6cyl) and was wondering if itd be worth putting it in the 121 or would it be over-kill and actually counter-productive??

Cheers!
    Last edited by ELUSIVE; 07-29-2011, 08:36 AM. Reason: Spelling, slightly inebriated.. :s
    60% of the time it works, every time!

Swap in a festiva / 121 auto trans. radiator(bigger). If you go too big you will never have heat when it does get down to that 33 degree mark.
    The normal is not always normal... MOST is not ALL... And any job can be hard if you don't have the right tools!!!

My Fleet:
    89 L 4spd (Daily Driver(if it isn't broke down)) "Spanky"

Comment

Wouldn't the thermostat take care of that?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I've never had a car break down because I had a coat on.
      Last edited by anomoly40; 07-29-2011, 02:37 PM.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

festiva auto radiator is dual core
        (double thick)\
        91L 5 sp, 175k,a/c ,KYB gr2,Fms Lowering springs ,13" konig's ,09 tiburon seats, 7" Pyle in.dash,kicker ds400 all around,Kicker 400.2 powering 2 Kicker cvr 10", 30k hid's, hopeful to find a xr2 to swap b6t from....

2010 mazdaspeed3 stock... for now

Comment

Originally posted by doylerl View Post
          Swap in a festiva / 121 auto trans. radiator(bigger). If you go too big you will never have heat when it does get down to that 33 degree mark.
          Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
          Wouldn't the thermostat take care of that?

EDIT: Come to think of it, I've never had a car break down because I had a coat on.
          Thermostat may not open if the car does not heat enough to open it.

ELUSIVE....does the car get hot now?
          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
          89L Silver EFI auto
          91GL Green Auto DD
          There ain't no rest for the wicked
          until we close our eyes for good.
          I will sleep when I die!
          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
          X