Mop & Glo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mop & Glo

I gave the car a good cleaning today and wondered what I could do about the dull faded dashboard. I found some Mop & Glo liquid floor wax in the cleaning box and it said it's safe for vinyl so I tried it. It looks good. I put it on all the solid interior panels, then did the bumpers and what on a boat are called the rub rails (along the side of the car). All looks good. It's an old product so I don't know if it's still on the market but any liquid floor wax safe for vinyl should work.
    Original owner of silver grey carburetted 1989 Festiva. 105k km as of June 2006. 140k km as of June 2021.

good call out. will definitly try on my bumpers. i used grease lightning on my bumpers to get the oil off them and they kinda faded....

Comment

I used Bumper Restore on mine. Pics of the car?
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I don't know what's in Mop and Glo but I know many car guys have been using Pledge furniture polish for decades on the interior and exterior.
        Rick
        1993 Ford Festiva
        1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
        1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
        2000 Ford E350

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglefreek View Post
          I don't know what's in Mop and Glo but I know many car guys have been using Pledge furniture polish for decades on the interior and exterior.
          Yep, including me!

Comment

Working...
          X