general motor swap question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general motor swap question

Why is it that I see so many people putting b6 engines in aspires/tivas all the time, and not any other motors? I mean theres 2.0L, 2.2L, 2.2L deisels, and probably more that arent much bigger than a b6 and produce more stock HP right?

Not trying to incite a riot here, im just curious because I have a 99 626 with a 2.0 and it might end up getting parted out or crushed soon..maybe..and id rather not crush it if theres even a slight chance I could do something better with it. The car runs good and id rather not just throw it away.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

The 2.0, 2.2, 2.2 diesels, what cars are they from? are they even mazda?

the 2.0 from the 626 is a possible swap because i have seen a festiva with that engine in it

There is always going to be "better" engine options, its a matter of preference and skill level of the person installing the engine

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

engine weight to power ratio is gonna be the big kicker. a b6-t weighs no more than 40 lbs more, and triples the whp...
      ---------------------------------------------------
      The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
      ---------------------------------------------------
      BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

I read somewhere the 2.2L was put in mx6's... The 2.2 deisel is actually a low 60 HP Isuzu engine but it would probably get better gas milage I think.

The 2.0 I have is a DOHC engine, I'm not sure how much power it will produce with a turbo, or how much HP a stock or turbo b6/bp puts out
        Last edited by zoom zoom; 08-03-2011, 05:37 PM.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Another aspect is which motors will bolt up to the Festy trannys.
          90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
          09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Not much work with swapping in any B-series, and a good amount of horsepower. Not to mention that they all seem to be nice, reliable engines. Easy to work on, etc.
            BP, Aspire brakes, stock trans.

Comment

I have the whole car, has a good drivetrain in it, the car itself would run fine if i put a set of radiator fans in, top off the tranny fluid i spilled, and fill/bleed the brakes. Needs a hood latch too... But there's an issue with the title, cars in my sisters name but we are having problems transferring it after I've spent 300+$ fixing it.
              2008 Kia Rio- new beater
              1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD

Comment

Working...
              X