purpose of kick down switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purpose of kick down switch?

anyone in here uses kick down switch?how it works?how important is this?location of this switch is on the accelerator pedal..
    "i am the difference":cheers:

It is for the automatic transmission. When you press the accelerator pedal all the way down it will energize a solenoid in the transmission to change to a lower gear, like if you are trying to pass someone or climb up a big hill. If the car has AC that switch is also used to turn off the AC compressor when you press the pedal all the way down, so you can have a little more power out of the engine
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

oh i see....can i install it to manual trans?

Comment

You could install it for the ac but if you have a manual trans you control the down shifting.
        93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
        98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
        98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

so, how it is going?

Comment

i think there's something lost in translation here... are you asking for other options that the kick down or "wot" switch can perform, or what functions it performs as stock?
            Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
            94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

it is like how am i going to install it to my kia pride(carbureted)...is there any modification or just a simple wiring?

Comment

simple wire job, but what are you going to use it for? carb cars didn't come with them stock IIRC.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Carb AC cars did! Wifey's carb'd '88 has one for the AC (still need to hook it up to the ATX though lol)
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                  X