Rallycross style light info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rallycross style light info.

I saw this video today and flipped when I saw the lights. Ever since I got my festiva I have been wanting to do something similar.

Ford Festiva 1993 in Canadien Winter The Sound is : The Asteroids Galaxy Tour - Around The Bend

Just wondering if anyone has ventured down this path before and could throw some ideas on wattage/wiring/mounting or even where to get some

Not big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoenixSHO View Post
      Not big enough.

grope B mmmmmmmmm

money pit

No spitters were I work, you swallow it all. The Company feels if you already have it in your mouth why waste it.

Comment

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Ummmm.........my wife just caught me in the bathroom looking at the rear end of that RS ^^^^^^
          Last edited by blkfordsedan; 08-04-2011, 09:20 PM.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I think Mike(sasquatch) knows a thing or two about lights, many of them and large in size.

-Scott
            Aqua 93 L
            Razor Red 09 F-150 XLT
            White 06 Ford Escape XLT

Comment

I thought Squatches preferred the dark.

I have a new set of the big Hella 500 lights that I plan on installing on the front of my Festy...just can't make up my mind if I want to mount them above or below the bumper. They're big enough (7" Dia ?) that they'll hang below the front air dam if i go below the bumper. I thought about making a new front license plate bracket out of heavier angle iron that has mounting tabs built in to it.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

I used to have a pair of KC 6" 130 Watt Long Range Slim Lights mounted to the top of the front bumper on my old S-10 to help me avoid the deer on those late night commutes. I had them wired up to a ON-OFF-ON switch, one way was on, the other they came on with my high beams, which is pretty handy because they are deffinatly not DOT approved. Let me know if anyone wants me to make a wiring diagram for how to wire this (better PM me or I might not see).

Remember: Power=Volts*Current. So in the case of my S-10, assuming a engine on voltage of 14.2, with both lights working, that is about 18.3 amps. Not sure what they were on start up though.

HIDs use a lot less power, but they are not instant on. I dont think it is a good idea to be turning them on and off all the time, although I am not 100% on this. I do know that they are a lot more expensive.

The problem with mounting them low is that they dont have as good a range, and they get hit by smaller stones and squirls and stuff. Fog lights are low because they try to get under the fog.

My 2 cents
                I suck at the internet

Comment

Working...
                X