Feisty the Festy update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feisty the Festy update

Rebecca just left out of here in Festy. (She's exstatic (sp?) BTW) I didn't get a pic because my phone was dead and it was dark anyways. She's coming back in two weekends for me to change the oil, finish fixing the lower seal, add a couple of marker lights, sawp the door locks because the driver's door lock doesnt work, and diagnose the automatic seat belts. Oh, and install the muffler.

Let me interject something before I go on, hotrodin4me sent me a pm last friday, said he saw something missing and he was sending it, but didn't tell me what. He said to tell her the Canadian Festy brotherhood wanted to help too. I just got the package today before going to Pull-A-Part, I'm SOOO JEALOUS!! He sent her a passenger mirror, which I installed before she left.

Zanzer sent me $140 this morning via MoneyGram. There had been $150 collected and it cost $10 to send, I had spent $10 on the rocker shaft assembly, so I told him I'd cover the other $10. The new Muffler was $57, the axle nuts were $28, the spindles were $56 (as I recall, I gave her the receipts.) I still have to get the muffler gasket, timing cover gasket, lower crank seal.

She had taken the car to a 'mechanic' who charged her $2000 and didnt get it running. We did. She had been slowly saving up for a used car, which is why she had put this 'project' up on craigslist. She asked me how much she owed me(us). I told her that wasn't necessary. She said that she needed to repay, which I understand, I couldn't let someone do it for me either (I'm not sure if it's pride, I LOVE giving, not so good on the recieving, I have a problem feeling I deserve it. Humility?) We stopped at a 7-11 and she got some money. We got to my house (she lives between my house and the O'Reilly Warehouse where I picked up the axle nuts at the On-Call) and I swapped the spindles. The muffler isn't an exact fit, the arms need bent, I think I'll cut them off and weld her old ones on. Use one of my cars as the jig.

As she left, she handed me some cash. She paid for all the parts and some for my time. I felt bad taking it, but I understand why. So my question to you all that gave, what do I do with the $150 that was donated for parts? Should I return it? Give it to the forum for expenses? Buy the crank seal, timing cover seal and muffler gasket and maybe throw on a new water pump and timing belt and tensioner?

If you're wondering how much time I have into it, between running parts, and working on it, 10-12 hours? I'm not sure what to do.
    Last edited by Larry Hampton; 08-05-2011, 09:24 PM.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Keep $50 of it... you earned that in labor. The rest should go to the forum/ any local charity.
    1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
    Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
    daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
    A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

She gave me some labor money. It was fun to work on except for the brutal heat. 100-teens every day, and I've suffered from heat stroke in the past.

I don't know who all donated (i know some), I figure I'd let those who did decide what they want to do.
      1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
      1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
      1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
      1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
      2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
      2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
      2005 Accord - wife's DD
      2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
      2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

In that case, its all off to charity.

Either that, or sneak back to her house and put it in her car.
        1990 White L-Plus 5-speed rust-machine
        Scrapped

1991 Blue L 5-speed
        daily driver, intermittent project

1993 rustless wonder
        A shell, awaiting suspension, brakes, and B6T

Comment

Larry replace your breaker bar. I didn't give anything I couldn't afford. If you kept it for your time or found another good use for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Basement_Modder View Post
            In that case, its all off to charity.

Either that, or sneak back to her house and put it in her car.
            Split it half to her car and half to the forum.
            Ford Fester

Comment

If she wanted to give you the money, I'd say you've been compensated accordingly. Maybe ask those who have donated what they'd like done with the money if you don't want to pocket it.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Maybe into a pool for future help on a Festy in need....
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

You still have a few things to do so to her ca,r so you may have need a few more dollars. If not, you can take my $40 and get a big ole ribeye with a huge baked potato on the side and wash it down with a pint. :thumbleft:
                  Last edited by Eaglefreek; 08-06-2011, 08:49 PM.
                  Rick
                  1993 Ford Festiva
                  1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
                  1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
                  2000 Ford E350

Comment

Working...
                  X