EGT in my area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGT in my area

MOST of you, it seems, have a decent supply or access to EGT's. Well today I saw the first one in about probably 7-8 years. My town is 45,000 pop and there are a few smaller cities within 25 min every direction.

XR2's arent any better. What up with that?
    -Bryant

I see a few once in a while, and actually a lot of the 1.9L powered ones., despite its "inferior" design. I NEVER see tracers. I understand in the west it's like time traveling for some of you, but we drive the heck out of our cars, very high mileages. I NEVER see tracers and its my understanding they were all BP cars, none of the guessing like on protege's.

I stand corrected on the tracer being BP only. I love how the only shot of a tracer wagon is a bigfoot out of focus moving photo.

Last edited by getnpsi; 08-08-2011, 02:57 PM.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Lol, I live in the NW, home of the 300k mile economy cars from the 90's with no rust, its pretty cool
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Stay with it. If you want one bad enough one will show up. Do a good wanted ad with a generic picture of what you are after. My wanted ad i had to take down because I actually got many hits that i didnt have the money to take off their hands. People are scrapping everything they can these days so you just dont see sitting cars anymore when they know they can get a guarantee in cash with no papers from yards. This also means they will have faster turnover. I cant find merkur xr4ti parts cars anymore and they are the same age.

If you are just after an engine no worries if your luck is bad, you can still build a BP to whatever spec you want with a 'me' engine and the head off another car. It will cost more but it will be fresh.
        Last edited by getnpsi; 08-08-2011, 03:04 PM.
        1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by kellen302 View Post
          Lol, I live in the NW, home of the 300k mile economy cars from the 90's with no rust, its pretty cool
          In washington they drive a lot, in Oregon not so much. I found some relic 1983ish buicks with less than 70,000 miles, pristine interior.
          1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by getnpsi View Post
            I see a few once in a while, and actually a lot of the 1.9L powered ones., despite its "inferior" design.
            Not inferior, just not very useful to us fester folk. I see tons of 1.9s on the road pushing 300k.

Back on topic though, a lot of the EGTs have been scooped up by the "I'm not a ricer" ricers, at least around here. I guess since it says "FORD" on the valve cover they feel like they are better than the other ricers for driving something "American". Lol. Then they kit it, throw on a fart can and APC stickers (good for around 389.486WHP) and promptly run it into the ground (or crash it in a drunken stupor). Most of the ones that do turn up in the yard scare me off immediately just by the number of stickers on them. At least around here you can judge how many miles have been shaved off the typical useful life-span of a motor by how many "performance" stickers are on the car.
            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

^^true that. And don't count out the number of overdone religious stickers. Jesus walked (and so will I)
              1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

I honestly don't keep an eye out for EGT's anymore lol and there's no capri's here at all so not much point in looking for those either :lol:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I see EGT's and capris all the time. 3 or 5 of each every week. Saw a new to me black capri today looking minty. Hooray for Virginia's non car dissolving weather/road treatment!
                  On Craigslist in my area now...

youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Well with the plans for my car, I don't need an EGT either. Only need the tranny, shafts, and front end stuff from a Capri. Maybe that stuff can be sourced by other members. My biggest fear is getting the engine I really want.
                    -Bryant

Comment

Working...
                    X