Does anyone here do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone here do...

body fabrication? Like I said before, I'm an illustrator and designer for a living and I'm interested in going insane on some custom Festi designs just to see what I can come up with. There is no point in me getting serious with it though if I don't know anybody with the ability to make the designs into reality. By the way, I'm still offering art to swap for parts or salvage cars.
    Maybe even some video editing if you need it. I can do both.
    Anyway, it would be cool to produce my own ground effects packages for a Festi that really would make it stand out. Oh teah, i design custom graphics for cars to.
    Tired of...waiting...must...build ...Festy...!

Hmmmm... 28 views and no replys. I can't believe none of you know how to fabricate body effects or custom panels or bumpers. Why the silent treatment on this question?

Comment

I think the problem is that nobody is quite sure what it is you are looking to swap for. Is there a particular part you are interested in? Are you looking for some of the rarer euro parts or regular stuff like options ie: spoiler or tach dash?
      Brian
      http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
      :fish:

Comment

i think what he's looking for is a custom one off whole body transformation like headlight/taillight swaps, fender flares, custom bumpers from scratch. Stuff like that
        ---------------------------------------------------
        The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
        ---------------------------------------------------
        BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

Yer kinda right Wes. I need parts that I'll trade for (normally very expensive) art for logos, apparel, promotion, whatever. I'm also wanting to do up some Festi redesigns but was hoping that someone here could fabricate the pieces to turn the art into reality and maybe make a buck in the process if we could reproduce it.
          Back to the parts.
          • I'm looking for a manual 5 speed
          • also beefier brakes. ( is there a way to get discs on the back?)
          • 13 or 14 inch wheels and short wide tires.
          • a working dome light. (yes, I'm serious)
          etc...

Comment

My wife and I can do what you are asking, but one off custom pieces are real expensive. Because we can custom fabricate, we can also design and do our own art work and logo work.

Building one off parts requires tons of design and redesign work as the part is made for the car. Considering we usually get $100. an hour for this type of work, you can see how expensive this can be.

The bumper manufacturers eat the initial design cost with the ability to mass produce. (Something we are investigating.)

I'm currently designing some rally inspired wheel flares for a Festiva that I plan on putting a BP in.

Comment

If you inspire us with pics of designs we might be inclined to help?

Comment

will try to find some time. Buried by freelance right now. I would like to soon though.

Comment

Working...
                X