Ofiicially a Festiva family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ofiicially a Festiva family

Well as of today we are officially a Festiva family. I got my wifey a 1993 Green Festiva GL with a little help from a friend. So I got it realitively right today and she drove it for the first time, which happened to be her first time to ever drive one. So the shake down cruise was kinda fun. It has a few minor bugs to work out from setting up, but overall she seemed to really like the car. Now my 6yr old thinks he is ready for one too. I am not a huge supporter of the ATX cars, but it sold her on driving one so I will see how it goes. Next is to get the AC working for her and I have to break down and purchase a good set of 12's because she wants to keep the factory alloys on it.
    91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
    82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

B6, 8, or P. That'll get her keepin' up with you!

Yokohama 145 12's
    Last edited by DriverOne; 08-13-2011, 08:11 PM.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Oh, and she needs a screen name now. I know! BrideOfFrankenstiva
      In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
      There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
        Well as of today we are officially a Festiva family. I got my wifey a 1993 Green Festiva GL with a little help from a friend. So I got it realitively right today and she drove it for the first time, which happened to be her first time to ever drive one. So the shake down cruise was kinda fun. It has a few minor bugs to work out from setting up, but overall she seemed to really like the car. Now my 6yr old thinks he is ready for one too. I am not a huge supporter of the ATX cars, but it sold her on driving one so I will see how it goes. Next is to get the AC working for her and I have to break down and purchase a good set of 12's because she wants to keep the factory alloys on it.
        pics please jay!!! be seeing you soon & you owe me a ride in lucky!
        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

congradulations. i can barely get my lady to take a ride with me in it. pictures of the new addition please!

Comment

NICE. Limited parts to buy when the family all drives the same car . My daughter drives (flow ) her blurple 95 aspire and my gf drives ( iris ) her white 94 aspire and I have hulk and (beast) my 89 auto gl . I'm trying my best to get my oldest daughter in an aspire as well ..
            New build on the way .

Comment

yeah! glad she liked driving it. Can't wait to see it in person.
              1992 Green GL - "It's not easy being green" - Kermit - RIP killed by a tree
              1992 Aqua Funtop - Belle
              Wife of V8Festiva.

Madness Committee Member
              website www.festivamadness.com

Comment

Originally posted by kartracer46 View Post
                I am not a huge supporter of the ATX cars, but it sold her on driving one so I will see how it goes. Next is to get the AC working for her and I have to break down and purchase a good set of 12's because she wants to keep the factory alloys on it.
                I know the feeling, ATX isn't the way to go, but hey, if it pleases the wife, so be it You saw how far I had to go to get Babystiva up to Mel's specs by building a combo that doesn't exist lol. But at least the AC is ice cold and she's perfectly happy rocking the 13's that came on my first red LX I got a couple years ago. Can't wait till Adyson is ready to roll in a festie, only 179 months to go till she can get her learners. Maybe daddy can even teach her to drive a stick!
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                  pics please jay!!! be seeing you soon & you owe me a ride in lucky!
                  Your ride will be ready anytime!

PS, I got that cluster repaired and working again.
                  91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                  85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Ok, here you go! I got my photobucket working again. I will post a few more when I get it all cleaned up and spiffy.

http://

91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                    85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Whats that under the front of the car? Looks like a tidy car, some paint blemishes but it looks honest enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodsy View Post
                        Whats that under the front of the car? Looks like a tidy car, some paint blemishes but it looks honest enough.
                        That is part of my tow bar, it has since been removed. It has had a repaint and the clear coat is failing, but I will give it a new coat once we get all the mechanical's squared away and it runs good.
                        91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
                        85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

WOW, thats a fine looking ride. congrats
                          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Looks nice, much like a slightly shinier twin to the GL I found on CL the other day. Still debating buying it but really can't right now. Its and auto as well.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

man jay thats a beauty! im glad you got the tach cluster working, c ya in a few months!
                              Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Working...
                              X