No Dash Driving???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Dash Driving???

So I'm getting ready to pull my dash to paint/fabric it, track down bad wire in the cluster lights, & put the manual trans pedal assembly in. My question is if I leave dash/instrument cluster out while I do all this is it still safe to drive? I'm not worried about not having speedo or fuel gauge as I only drive it 2 miles down the road to work. I just want to know if this will goof w/ the speedo cable or mother brain having all that unplugged or if it's an electrical fire hazard. Figure it shouldn't matter but don't want to assume things. Appreciate ur 2cents to calm my nerves LoL

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.005753,-84.613751
    Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Personally I'd pull the speedo cable out of the tranny.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

^x2 plus it is a good time to lubricate the cable while it's unhooked.
      91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
      82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
      85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Right o guys figured I'd take speedo cable out at tranny to get cluster out but was planin on hooking it back up afterwards to keep stuff out of the transmission & to make sure it didn't flop about engine compartment. Just use some graphite dust in cable tho right?

---
        I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.005756,-84.613750
        Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

That will work good, or sometimes I use white lithium grease
          91 Festiva GL "Scrat"
          82 Honda Goldwing GL1100i
          85 BMW 535is "Brunhild"

Comment

Working...
          X