what up 20v in a festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what up 20v in a festiva

So I picked up a toyota 20v silver top for my buddys mr2 guy didn't think we were getting it in...

:cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Ha! Lots of engines fit in the back of a Festiva. Mod yourself a Festiva pickup and you can get nearly any engine on board!

Karl
    '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
    '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
    '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
    '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
    '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I've had a V6 w/ tranny.... a Washer/ dryer in my old aspire, small cars can carry a lot of stuff

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

I've had a 360 cubic inch 180hp Lycoming 4-cylinder horizintally-oppoed (like old VWs) air-cooled airplane engine in the back of my 88LX -- without the propellor, of course. I took the rig on a car ferry to have the airplane engine overhauled.

Being aluminum, it wasn't all that heavy (about 250 lbs), but rather bulky and fragile with all the aircooling "fins" on the cylinders.
        Last edited by AlaskaFestivaGuy; 08-14-2011, 12:08 PM.
        88L black, dailydriver
        88LX silver a/c, dailydriver
        4 88/89 disassembled
        91L green
        91GL aqua pwrsteer
        92GL red a/c reardmg
        3 93L blue, 2 dailydriver, 1 frontdmg
        1952 Cessna170B floatplane

Comment

I had an inline 5 cyl turbo diesel mercedes engine in one of mine. It was 580 lbs.
          youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by neanderpaul View Post
            I had an inline 5 cyl turbo diesel mercedes engine in one of mine. It was 580 lbs.
            That sounds messy. I had an 82 300sd for awhile and that engine was a black oily mess! Well, it's plenty slippery for that tight squeeze! Lol!

I had a GSXR1000 engine in the back of my festy. I was mocking it up for a swap, but decided against it.
            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Should have gone with the hyabusa motor ^ Like the SmartGsxR Car (Diablo)
              LOVE the festiva logo hanging from your rear view mirror.

Comment

Notice the c.f. behind it? <3
                :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Working...
                X