X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do?

Will try to keep it short and sweet.
    I met a guy that works with a buddy.
    He knows of multiple (at least 5) Festivas that have been setting in yards for a long time now. He will not give up locations as he says he is going to try to buy them and use them. For over a year I have hit him up at least once a month asking where they are, I even offered a finders fee per car that I could purchase. My buddy told me the guys exact route to and from work, I have drove it many times searching with no results.
    The cars do exist, he has shown pics on his cell phone, nothing in the pics give up the locations. He won't give up info to my buddy either.
    Most likely this guy won't do anything to get them, he likes his hondas.

What to do? those cars need a good home!
    Corner him and threaten bodily harm?
    Kidnap his wife and hold her hostage for info?
    Follow him around like a stalker until said cars are located?
    What would you do?
    Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
    1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Google Earth! GOGOGO. Find them by satellite photography.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Stalk him in a car that isn't a festiva.
      91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
      14 C7 Z51

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
        Google Earth! GOGOGO. Find them by satellite photography.
        lol, have looked in the areas between his work and home. nothing to be seen.
        1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

The only thing he has said is that 3 are within 1 mile of his work.
          he works at Valley River Center Eugene Oregon.

Comment

put a huge ad in the newspaper buying all festivas for $$$$$ also put a wanted to buy festiva ad on craigslist & last but not least print wanted to buy ford festivas flyers & put them up all around stores, telephone poles, post office ect. also put paying finders fee for anyone locating festivas piled up anywhere. that will teach him when you buy them all lol
            Last edited by kumalaba; 08-14-2011, 08:12 PM.
            Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

A square mile or two isn't all that large. Have you driven every single lane, alley, and private drive as of yet? I doubt five Festivas would be hidden in a barn, especially in Oregon!
              1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
                A square mile or two isn't all that large. Have you driven every single lane, alley, and private drive as of yet? I doubt five Festivas would be hidden in a barn, especially in Oregon!
                Agreed!
                I suspect they are dispersed as well.
                You also may want pre-scan the area via google maps to locate potential traget areas.
                '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
                '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
                '92 Aqua parts Car
                '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
                '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
                Your holy ghost will not save you.
                Your God plutonium will not save you.
                In fact...
                ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Take what you know of this guy (grill your buddy on his likes, interests, etc.) and "become" him. Get in his mind. Then go driving around his house and work and where he hangs out. Drive like he would. Look for them that way.

These Festivas are not on his route, but they are more than likely nearby, or on another route, such as one he takes to visit friends, girlfriend, parents, school, whatever. Find out what those "whatevers" are and GET IN HIS MIND.

That's what I'd do.

Karl
                  Last edited by Safety Guy; 08-14-2011, 09:07 PM.
                  '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                  '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                  '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                  '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                  '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

OR, he's lying to you, there aren't any Festivas, and he just wants your money. Google maps may not help you unless the Festivas have been sitting outside, away from under trees, sheds, or any other kind of covering. The best thing you can do is go with a friend in something other than a Festiva, and pass him a set of binoculars! You may want to duct tape your friend to the roof for optimal viewing area. Hopefully, no one will shoot at you.
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Waterboard him. Unpleasant but harmless, unless you kill him. Afterwards, give him a gift certificate to the nearest Outback or Ruby Tuesdays or whatever, just to show him there are no hard feelings.
                      90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                      09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

get a gps tracker - put it on his car and give him your camera and ask him to take some good digital photos for you
                        admit nothing - deny everything - make accusations

Comment

Like Kumalaba said, place a WTB ad on Craigslist. I do this every so often when I have the extra funds and I get calls from all over the place. People tell me about ones in junkyards, ones they are personally selling, ones they see in peoples yards...I get all kinds of leads.
                          If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Working...
                          X