New Part Interest?¿?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Part Interest?¿?

I currently work as a Laser operator at a metal shop. I am a welder by trade normally. But this company is all for promoting with-in. Anyways, I was wondering if there is any interest in me making some parts. Simple stuff to start out. Like this battery tie down.

I am in the process of making a better version of that same part. Revision, I guess I should say. Anyways, let me know.

Yes that would be a nice bling addition when you open the hood, good work to.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

One that says FESTIVA or MAZDA on it would be awesome!
      89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
      My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

That's a great idea, might even get you a raise ^.^

I'd stick to some thing a little more general so you'll have a market, like FORD/MAZDA/CHEVY/...

of course i'd like one with ASPIRE written on it, but would it be possible to produce and ship it at a decent/low cost?
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Most Important question...how much?
          -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Yes, price is the make or break on things like this, coz they are nice things to have, but hard to justify if too expensive.

Like people said, if you could manage to include popular car names on them you'd find a much easier sell to enthusiasts.

But nice work on the product!
            1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Comment

I am not 100% sure on the price yet, that will probably vary upon quantity. But I think they were selling those around $40 shipped. I'll have to check. And yes, it would say something like "Festiva" or "Ford" or " Mazda" or "Aspire" etc.. etc.. And we can get the exact font that was used on OEM vehicles. So it should look like it belongs.

Let me know...

Comment

I would be down for 40 shipped if that was the set price.
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Good news, bad news...

Made some progress yesterday on the part. But after mic'ing up the part and checking two different vehicles. Both cars measure right at the same on the posts/tie downs. 8.005 and 7.978. ( Probably just installed slightly off) But I noticed that the 88 L Festiva, and the 93 Festiva's batteries were slightly different. The space in between on the 88's was 1.002 and the 93's was .763. So, I guess I am going to have to get a few more measurements on different cars and find what works on most cars.

Anyone else have specs on this?

Comment

Originally posted by smokeshow View Post
                    Good news, bad news...

Made some progress yesterday on the part. But after mic'ing up the part and checking two different vehicles. Both cars measure right at the same on the posts/tie downs. 8.005 and 7.978. ( Probably just installed slightly off) But I noticed that the 88 L Festiva, and the 93 Festiva's batteries were slightly different. The space in between on the 88's was 1.002 and the 93's was .763. So, I guess I am going to have to get a few more measurements on different cars and find what works on most cars.

Anyone else have specs on this?
                    Some batteries dont even have raised caps right? (maybe that is just side post, but Optimas are sealed and dont have the removable caps.)
                    I suck at the internet

Comment

Yeah, I know.. and I am wonder if I will just have to have to owner spec his/hers battery type before ordering.

Comment

Working...
                      X