new mpg high :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new mpg high :D

just thought i would post, have not in a while, got 37.65 on my automatic 1992 today driving to school, while it was completely full to the top back seat, trunk...and passenger seat, almost hit the ground and I still got nice mpg! haha

How long was your trip?

Comment

about 300 miles

Comment

Is it possible to get 40 mpg's out of an atx?

Comment

Originally posted by georgeb View Post
          Is it possible to get 40 mpg's out of an atx?
          I believe it can be done, but the conditions under which you could do that would preclude you being on a major highway. Which is exactly where you'd want to be to eliminate as many acceleration and deceleration cycles as possible. You'd want to be in the top gear of the ATX but at the lowest possible speed/rpm. I'm guessing a speed of no more than 45 MPH.
          '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
          '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
          '92 Aqua parts Car
          '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
          '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
          Your holy ghost will not save you.
          Your God plutonium will not save you.
          In fact...
          ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
            I believe it can be done, but the conditions under which you could do that would preclude you being on a major highway. Which is exactly where you'd want to be to eliminate as many acceleration and deceleration cycles as possible. You'd want to be in the top gear of the ATX but at the lowest possible speed/rpm. I'm guessing a speed of no more than 45 MPH.
            Pu241 - You hit the nail on the head with your "You'd want to be in the top gear of the ATX but at the lowest possible speed/rpm" statement! This is exactly right! Which is why I get better mpg than most (although mine is 5spd). I only drive a max of 62m/h (100km/h), but I try to stay to around 50-55m/h (80-90km/h). I think my ultimate would be around 45m/h (70km/h) but that would be dangerous on the hwys......

Comment

Originally posted by Pu241 View Post
              45 mph sounds exactly right for the auto. I never got over 33 in my 93 auto. That was highway (70 mph) or in town. AC or not. I made a conscience effort to to run it hard and baby it. I never got over 33 or under 31. UNtil the o2 went bad that is. Then I got 24.
              youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Our lovely little carby auto has gotten as high as 32, cruising at about 62 on the highway. Around town its averaging mid-to-upper 20s. When Chuck was still auto (EFI) I was able to pull out a 36.7 running about 62-65 on the way back from Dean's.
                No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Working...
                X