compatable motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• compatable motor

How's it going fellow festiva driver's I'm a new member to your fourm " Best fourm out there" My name is Justin "just call me Jtuk" and i have owned 2 festiva's the second one has the first 1's motor in it lol. I love the lil car 2 death i have beat'n the crap outta the lil motor and it keep's on running it has 131k. i've done lil tunning to it, i've done cold air intake, portted throtle body,high flow cat, 2 1/4 exhaust w/ no muffler ( she screams) and she peppy thats about it lol. Surprizingly it ran a 18.9 on basicly stock motor. i was expecting a 22 or 24. what i am curious about is what motor's are compatible with the stock 5spd tranny with out 2 much modding. I would like to get a little more fun outta my lil blue beast.
    Last edited by Pu241; 08-21-2011, 10:28 PM. Reason: Language

Welcome Jtuk!
    But, the very first thing you need to do is read these:

Since this is your first post we'll make this a warning only.
    '93 Blue 5spd 230K(down for clutch and overall maintanence)
    '93 White B6 swap thanks to Skeeters Keeper
    '92 Aqua parts Car
    '93 Turquoise 5spd 137K
    '90 White LX Thanks to FB71

"Your God of repentance will not save you.
    Your holy ghost will not save you.
    Your God plutonium will not save you.
    In fact...
    ...You will not be saved!"

Prince of Darkness -1987

Comment

ok? my bad i think the only "curse word" use was **** thanx 4 bustin my ***** lol

Comment

Jtuk88, hello. If you're looking for performance, it's about how much you want to spend. The Mazda B series engines are your best bet. B6T is very popular, and the BP engine is also a good powerhouse for upgrades. BP is good if you're a novice, and if you use the Festiva transmission, you'll notice that it bolts right to the BP. One mount needs modifying. Search here, and you'll find more.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

B8,Bp,Bpt,B6, and B6t are all compatible engines with our trannies which are E-series trannies. There is also the upgraded F-series trannies and the G-series. You can run any of the above engine with your current tranny but I would recommend a heavy duty clutch. Even then you will be limited to stomping power unless you swap out to a more upgraded tranny that has a bigger clutch that can take more abuse. Its really all in what kind of driving you do and the power you desire.
          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

thanx for the info. i got family than own many towing yards that i have to slavage from. "For a low cost/free" the motor's u had mention what cars would they be in ? like a merc capri, mazda 323, ford probe and ... i know im missing some more ?

Comment

i gota lead right foot i got a ticket in my festiva doing 120 in a 55 lol i know isn't that awsome lol. so i may need 2 look into the tranny as well now when doing the swap the tranny's that are on the i.e "b6t" will the stock cv axels work ?

Comment

Buddy I cant spoon feed you all the info. Our forum has a incredible search feature that will answer all your questions. Welcome and good luck!
                89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Welcome to the forum! Always good to see more Hoosiers join the site.
                  As stated the search function is your best tool. This site has been around for a long time so most questions have been asked and answered before.

Your best bet if you want to keep your stock tranny would be the B6 which is a direct bolt in, other swaps require some modification to work. You can swap in a bp or b6t with the stock tranny but your clutch will not like it for long. I have a BP with stock transmission and it holds up fine but my clutch is on it's last leg. Although it has been about 20,000 miles, but I'm gentle with it.

Here is a great thread on the different transmission options
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
                  The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Working...
                  X