New member, new Festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new Festiva

Hi everyone. Just picked up a 93 Festiva. Looking forward to spending some time here with y'all.

I've been reading a lot of posts over the last few days, and have learned a great deal. While I've searched extensively on wheel choices, I couldn't find the answer if 13" Metro wheels from 2001 ( there's one in a nearby junkyard with four wheels ) will fit. I see that 1992-1999 will fit, but no mention is made of later years. Did the wheels change after 1999?

Thanks for any replies, and I hope to contribute to the knowledge in this forum!
    Last edited by majo8; 08-22-2011, 11:11 AM.

Easiest way to find out is to take a ruler out to the junkyard and measure from the center of one lug across the center hole to the center of the lug across from the first lug.. If it's 4 1/4" it will fit the Festiva bolt pattern. If they don't fit, Discount Tire has MB X-Five chrome wheels in 13" for around 65/ea. And welcome!
    Last edited by DriverOne; 08-22-2011, 11:29 AM.
    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

the 2000+ metros use a 4x100 patern and therefore will not fit (unless you have an aspire swap)
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Mojo
        welcome , I see you are in NE Ohio... I am also...what part? Have some rims you may be able to use.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Welcome to the site Majo8, we look forward to your contributions to the site. Put up some pic's of your ride.
          An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Wow, I didn't know this!:

Festyboy wrote: "The 2000+ metros use a 4x100 patern and therefore will not fit (unless you have an aspire swap)."

According to wiki:

"In 1998 the Metro, now branded as a Chevrolet, was revamped one last time. It was given a minor re-styling, improved headlamps, and improved four cylinder engine, now producing 79 horsepower. 2000 was the last year for the Metro hatchback and the three cylinder engine. All 2001 models were four-door sedans that were sold to fleets only."

Link, in case you want to read more about earlier Metros, etc. (recommended):

Why would they switch bolt patterns with only two more model years to go? Strange.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I thought festy wheels are 4 1/2 inch.

Comment

They are: 4 X 4.5" or 4 X 114.3mm. Same thing. One English, the other metric.

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

4.5" = 114.3mm (Festiva bolt pattern)

Edit: Karl beat me to it
                  If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
                  Zulu Ministries

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I'd post some pics, but there isn't much to see. It's just a plain, no option L ( it has an am/fm radio, and nothing else ) 5-speed, 125,000 mi., with a run-down grey interior, and a slightly hail damaged blue exterior with just a little rust. I'm in the process of stripping the interior in preparation for a roll cage installation -- I'm planning on running this little car in next year's "24 Hours on LeMons" race. The floor is solid and the car runs decently, but my........the stock handling is nothing to write home about.

Next, I'll be checking the brakes, replace what's necessary, and then some cvt boots.

If I were to post future pics, can I upload them from my computer, or do I first have to post on photobucket ( or similar ) and upload from there?

Geneva -- I'm on the west side ( Bay V. ). Let me know what you've got!
                    Last edited by majo8; 08-22-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Here's a picture of the new ride.

Comment

Looks like a pretty clean body, nice score!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                          Looks like a pretty clean body, nice score!!
                          Thanks. The driver's side is a little rough though -- rust on the driver's door, above the rear wheel well, and some in the rockers. I'll try to post some pictures of that soon. Here's one of the engine: BTW.....is the little black plastic thingy on the left side of the valve cover that's connected to the intake air tube some kind of resonator, and can it/should it be removed?

Last edited by majo8; 08-27-2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by majo8 View Post
                            is the little black plastic thingy on the left side of the valve cover that's connected to the intake air tube some kind of resonator, and can it/should it be removed?
                            I think you are right that it's some kind of resonator, i don't see why you cant remove it if you really wanted to..... back when i last had a stock festiva, i figured it wasn't hurting anything so i left it there

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                            1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                            2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

yes, its a Helmholtz resonator. Purpose is to prevent certain frequency air intake noise, and prevent air surge at the throttle plate, which can cause bucking, surging, hesitation and stalling.
                              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Working...
                              X