Sold the Festiva :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sold the Festiva :(

I sold my festiva to Aaron(nerdracing)! I've been trying to get it inspected the past week before I leave for college about 5 hours away. It wouldn't pass at either one of the places I took it. Apparently I need some new struts, bearings, arm control bushings, brake hoses, and a whole bunch of other stuff. idk much about cars but the guy told me it would cost about $928. So my dad wanted to just junk it and get me a new car but Aaron said he would take it off my hands. Hopefully he can get it legal. I'm sure I'll buy it back from Aaron one day! As for now I'm leaving for college on Thursday and I'll be without a car until like December. It isn't so bad though because everything is in walking distance from my college. I'm going to miss my Festiva though
    Amazing Amanda

sucks you dont live in fl no regulations here!!!
    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

You don't need to have as car in the winter. Its dangerous.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Oh man..inb4anotherlooongbuildthread!

Can't wait to see where he goes with this project!

Sorry for your loss, at least you know it's in good hands!
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

glad nerdracing got it! sorry you had to sell it!
          Last edited by kumalaba; 08-22-2011, 09:38 PM.
          Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Yea maybe after Aaron fixes it he can sell it back to me lol
            Amazing Amanda

Comment

Originally posted by skimsucka View Post
              sucks you dont live in fl no regulations here!!!
              more like it sux you don't have regulations... the crap i've seen come from Fl would make you cry... completely unsafe and undriveable, but it's OK because it's CO2 levels are in spec. who cares if you kill someone in the process.
              Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
              94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Don't worry Amanda, Shark Bait will have a good home. Couldn't bear to see such a nice festy scrapped over stuff I could do in a weekend if not a day with all the parts on hand and air tools.

Its been 8 years since I've owned a Festy, another carbed 4 speed too.

Actually excited to get things going.
                89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
                94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
                2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
                1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

I told her an aspire swap would take car of everything for a few hundred bucks....I have a whole brake and suspension setup laying around.
                  91GL BP/F3A with boost
                  13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Aspire swap! Festiva saved from the grave! This is a good morning!
                    In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
                    There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

Lets just say I have a different rear suspension with 4x100 that I will probably be putting under it. Front will more than likely be an aspire setup. then I can slap my BMW bottlecaps on there for old skool class.
                      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...

Facebook Me!

Comment

Aaron do a KL swap :evil4: jk glad to see it didn't get scrapped, I'm sure you'll get another Festiva again soon Amanda

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

KL swap is too played out!

Facebook Me!

Comment

I'd go for some dual carb action, something larger and illegal.
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Nothing illegal! lol I plan on buying that car back one day!
                              Amazing Amanda

Comment

Working...
                              X