Is there a different head for the B3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a different head for the B3?

Just wondering if there was ever a 3 or 4 valve head for the B3? The eyebrows in the stock pistons are strange for non-interferrence engine.

Bill

no, the exhaust valve reliefs are there so that any piston can go in any cylinder.... the exhaust valves are offset quite a bit in the head.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

They are mirrored 1-2/3-4 in the design of the ports. One sides on the left others on the right.
      Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
      93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
      91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
      93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
      15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
      88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

There's the DOHC head from the festiva GTX too
        Owner of:
        1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
        In progress:
        BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

^^ that head is for a de-stroked B6D block. Not a B3. Some have discussed using the B6D head on a B3, but as far as I know, noone has actually had one up and running.
          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

So, your saying the 1.3L DOHC in the Festiva GTX had the larger bore of a B6 and a shorter stroke than the B3/B6?
            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
              So, your saying the 1.3L DOHC in the Festiva GTX had the larger bore of a B6 and a shorter stroke than the B3/B6?
              yup.
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

it uses a B5 crank
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Working...
                X