suspension interchange for Aspire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension interchange for Aspire

My 1995 Aspire is in need of struts and shocks. Do any of you have interchange information on what other KYB GR2 struts and "hats" will fit the Aspire. I think that someone posted that the Kia Rio struts would fit. Are there any other vehicle models will interchange with the Aspire? Obviously folks who originally purchased Aspires were not "performance minded". What about rear shocks and sway bars etc.

I am going to go with a B6 install. I will probably up the compression to 10.6:1 and play with a megasquirt fuel/spark management system. I like the prospects of low end torque over high RPM horsepower.

I have an automatic transmission in my Aspire. Bad left knee.

Its an "old guy thing".
    cortezit

They should work, you may ride a little higher though, might have to take a coil out if you use the RIO springs and don't like the ride height and axle angles.
    89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
    94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
    2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
    1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Where is the break in the year model for the Kia Rio

I have seen the reference to the Kia Rio application but I do not see whether or not the Kia Rio Strut Assebly is befor July 1 of 2002 or after July 2 2002. Eviddentally there was a mid year parts change.

cortezit

Comment

2000-mid 2002
        Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
        Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Parts change was around 7/'02 for the front brakes and strut mount. Brakes got bigger and the mount went to a three bolt design.

Keep in mind Rio front suspension and brake parts mods are still being explored, so aside from the info on what has already been done, you are on your own.

I'm running Aspire springs cut one coil on Rio front struts and strut mounts.

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

You definately need to cut at least one coil with the KIA Rio springs/struts, I'm debating cutting 1/2 another coil off mine, but I might get some camber bolts first and play with those to see what happens.

00-02 KIA struts will work, just make sure it has 2 bolt top mount and your good to go.
            Last edited by zoom zoom; 08-29-2011, 03:26 PM.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
            X