• Show
Clear All

do it sell that thing for 200$!!
    93 L B6T DD http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37751
    RIP_90 LuX http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32249
    RIP 88 LX / B8-MEhttp://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=26398

RJ

Comment

sounds like your dad owes you a truck.... trading in YOUR truck so he could get a new one is BS and ILLEGAL (unless it was in his name anyway).
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        sounds like your dad owes you a truck.... trading in YOUR truck so he could get a new one is BS and ILLEGAL (unless it was in his name anyway).
        he is only 19 now....I would bet he was under 18 when that happened. You can not own a vehicle (on paper) till you are 18....so it was probably given to him by his father.....just a guess.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
          he is only 19 now....I would bet he was under 18 when that happened. You can not own a vehicle (on paper) till you are 18....so it was probably given to him by his father.....just a guess.
          that depends on the state. I legally owned a vehicle at 14.
          Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
          Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Originally posted by FB71 View Post
            that depends on the state. I legally owned a vehicle at 14.
            cool.....thought that was across the board.
            "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            There ain't no rest for the wicked
            until we close our eyes for good.
            I will sleep when I die!
            I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by devon527 View Post
              I would rather spend more in fuel and have a reliable vehicle then have to be working on it every other night just to get to work in the morning. I've never been a car guy and never will be. There's just something about looking back and seeing that bed with my dirtbike or whatever I have in it that makes me love trucks. I dont appreciate my festiva as much as I used too. I make enough money now that I can afford to drive a diesel every day, I'd actually be happy.
              then drive what makes you happy. Nearly all of us endure ridicule for driving Festivas, but we tolerate it because we like the cars. If you'd rather drive a truck, then go for it! Don't let the haters get you upset. They just haven't figured out yet that we all share the same enthusiasm, just for different vehicles.
              Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
              Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Yep, I was 17 when I threw down 3500 for my dodge and my dad put down 2000. Had it in his name, I wasn't driving it much since I had just got my festy, so he traded it in. Awesome.

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

If you're over it you're over it. Hate it for you. As far as needing a truck to haul a dirtbike?

Click this.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

^^^Possibly the most epic video I've seen all week

Do what you want BUT-

1. I'm proud to drive my Festiva. It's all a mindset. When people ridicule, they shut up REAL fast when I tell them about how cheap it is to A) fuel B) insure and C) maintain.

2. My festiva has been my second most reliable and most capable vehicle out of all 12 of my past cars.

3. I KNOWWW I'd regret if I sold mine, because I've regretted selling a few of my other cars and I didn't even like them as much!
                    Buck.
                    -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                    -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                    -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

I know how it is when you can't fix a problem though. You do hit a wall where enough is enough. But if you can stick it out and get help from someone smarter than you (There always is someone smarter than all of us who we can learn from) then you will have long stretches with zero issues and the love affair will grow all by itself. Dependability is what causes a lot of us to become so attached. Good luck whatever you decide.
                      youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

I'm not saying I won't own another Festiva, I just have my mind set on a truck right now. I grew up with trucks and my dad got me into them, it just feels so much more natural and comfortable to be sitting high up in a truck. I guarantee I will get another festy, but FI and a lot cleaner than mine.

88 Festy L (The White Thunder)
                        91 L came and gone, owned only 2 days

Comment

At least you gave it an honest shot and I respect that. I sometimes feel like you but every time I hear it run and rip down the street the smile is restored.

I too wish I had a cleaner festy, kinda like Paul's.
                          91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                          14 C7 Z51

Comment

I don't mind having a non-mint festiva. In fact, I think i'd enjoy it less..... With this one it doesn't matter if I get it dirty or hit a chopping cart on purpose or jackrabbit start it or cover it in random stickers... It's just nice to have a car that can take so much abuse and not falter even a little bit.... just comes back for more.
                            Last edited by 200KGPGTP; 08-31-2011, 01:49 AM.
                            Buck.
                            -1993 Ford Festiva GL, ~200k, B6, Aspire rear, Rio front, 5-speed. '87 Prelude alloys. Happy to be back on the route!!!
                            -1999 Toyota Sienna XLE, 346,000
                            -1996 Chevrolet K1500 Z71, 350 V8, 198k, hauler

Comment

I know it's weird to respond to a month old thread, but just ran into it.
                              I kind of know how Devon feels. He gave it his best shot, and could do most of the work himself. If he's out of the game, there's only a handful of us from the
                              PNW left on the site.
                              Right now I 'll probably put my Festy in the freezer (garage) for awhile. It pretty much needs a whole new front suspension, radiator, valve cover gasket, front seal, both rear wheel cylinders and God knows what else (give it a week).
                              At times I feel like a fish out of water on the site. I really don't have the time, tools or inclination to do alot of my own work. That wouldn't be so bad if 3/4's of the mechanics didn't act like you just drove up in the lunar rover or a Unimog.
                              I absolutely love this car. I didn't buy it to swap engines or change it's nature.
                              It's 23 years old!!!! Stuff happens after that many years.....
                              If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have looked longer for a low mileage "creampuff".
                              One constant in the"love quirky older cars with character" game. If you DON'T
                              do your own work it can be financial quicksand. With 99.5% of the forum members true DIYer's you already know that

Comment

I recently got my old 86 F150 truck back on the road after replacing axle/driveshaft/transmission with newer and/or more fuel efficient stuff. I feel like a King driving that thing but 2 fill-ups of $50 a few days apart for doing more or less what the Festy does with $30 and the driving around love affair evaporated fast.
                                Good luck keeping your wallet flush in progressing from a 1.3 to a 7.3 just for going from A to B.

Comment

Working...
                                X