front suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front suspension

So i've seen alot of solid suggestions about doing an Aspire front suspension swap on the Festiva. Exactly what parts do y'all recommend swapping out? Also I have seen some Festiva front suspension rebuild kits on ebay for $100.00, they have rebuilt control arms, outer tie rods, and some other stuff that escapes my memory right now.
    Do y'all think this would be worth my time or should I just do the Aspire swap?
    Another thing to keep in mind is I just put $800.00 in new wheels and tires for my Festiva; put on some American Racing 14x6's w/ Bridgestone potenza 165 65 14's. Kinda wished I would have researched a little more first, but when I bought her she needed new tires really bad, so I drove down to local tire shop and that is what we were able to fit on her. So if I did the Aspire swap would I still be able to run these wheels and tires?

Originally posted by redmondduck View Post
    So i've seen alot of solid suggestions about doing an Aspire front suspension swap on the Festiva. Exactly what parts do y'all recommend swapping out? Also I have seen some Festiva front suspension rebuild kits on ebay for $100.00, they have rebuilt control arms, outer tie rods, and some other stuff that escapes my memory right now.
    Another thing to keep in mind is I just put $800.00 in new wheels and tires for my Festiva; put on some American Racing 14x6's w/ Bridgestone potenza 165 65 14's. Kinda wished I would have researched a little more first, but when I bought her she needed new tires really bad, so I drove down to local tire shop and that is what we were able to fit on her. So if I did the Aspire swap would I still be able to run these wheels and tires?
    The aspire swap is great. Much better stopping power. Most would suggest doing it. In your case there is a down fall, the bolt pattern will change- stock= 4x114.3 Aspire= 4x100 bolt pattern. So the rims will have to be a 4x100. So it may be in your best interest to get the ebay kit (which are from FMS- festiva motor sports) so they are good quality parts.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

Originally posted by redmondduck View Post
      Originally posted by Charlie1717 View Post
      The aspire swap is great. Much better stopping power. Most would suggest doing it. In your case there is a down fall, the bolt pattern will change- stock= 4x114.3 Aspire= 4x100 bolt pattern. So the rims will have to be a 4x100. So it may be in your best interest to get the ebay kit (which are from FMS- festiva motor sports) so they are good quality parts.
      better swap...Capri fronts....keeps the Festy pattern and the 14's should clear the calipers.
      "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
      89L Silver EFI auto
      91GL Green Auto DD
      There ain't no rest for the wicked
      until we close our eyes for good.
      I will sleep when I die!
      I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Red...add your location to your profile....makes things much easier for a lot of reasons.
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

^Don't forget guys......Are your rims dual pattern at all Redmon? 4x114.3 and 4x100 perhaps? If you aren't sure post some pics/specs of the wheels
          Last edited by lanemeyer14; 08-30-2011, 09:26 PM.
          "Lane, I've been going to this high school for seven and a half years. I'm no dummy."

Gone but never forgotten, "Hulkstiva"...http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ht=progression

Comment

Originally posted by lanemeyer14 View Post
            ^Don't forget guys......Are your rims dual pattern at all Redmon? 4x114.3 and 4x100 perhaps? If you aren't sure post some pics/specs of the wheels
            doesn't matter...lol...Capri swap id better......haaa....hehehe
            89L Silver EFI auto
            91GL Green Auto DD
            I will sleep when I die!

Comment

thanks for the advice guys.
              What year(s) of capri would I be able to use for the swap? and would the suspension have the same heighth as I have now?
              I will get some pics up this weekend.
              I believe the wheels are not universal, just 4 holes I believe ( I will double check when I get home this weekend )
              Last edited by redmondduck; 08-31-2011, 12:49 AM. Reason: added more info

Comment

Working...
              X