One question that i have.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One question that i have.

In my pride my tail lights are diferent from an other.
    The one tail light is red(red) and the other is red(white) because of sun i think.
    What can i do now? I went in my local car parts shop but they don't have tail light to buy. If i make them black both will be the same color when i press the brake?? Need the cheapest recomendation please...

Use some transparent black tint. Works good, should about the same darkness too.
    Ford Fester

Comment

Originally posted by Ford Fester View Post
      Use some transparent black tint. Works good, should about the same darkness too.
      About the same darkness eh? I see in your photo albums your car has tinted lights. Have you ever been stoped by cops for your tail lights? How many coats you done? 4-5?

Thanks dude realy

Comment

I have never been stopped. just make sure you can see them during the day. 2 coats should be good.
        89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
        My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

Originally posted by 91_festy_Gl View Post
          I have never been stopped. just make sure you can see them during the day. 2 coats should be good.
          Yeah i will try

Comment

3 coats for mine.
            Ford Fester

Comment

It may be better to compare the police and how strict they are in Greece vs. the U.S.

In the U.S., we also have many different jurisdictions (areas) with different police departments and sometimes, different laws.

Find a good source for Greek law and see what it says about how dark your lights may be.

Good luck! Post pictures when you can! I think you are our first Greek member!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                It may be better to compare the police and how strict they are in Greece vs. the U.S.

In the U.S., we also have many different jurisdictions (areas) with different police departments and sometimes, different laws.

Find a good source for Greek law and see what it says about how dark your lights may be.

Good luck! Post pictures when you can! I think you are our first Greek member!

Karl
                You are right i will check the laws ;p Thanks man.

Comment

Where in Greece are you located?
                  Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                  04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                  62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                  Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
                    Where in Greece are you located?
                    Kalamata City

Comment

This is how it looks now...

Comment

Pride ^__^

Comment

Originally posted by ruste View Post
                          This is how it looks now...

if you didn't want to black tint them you could always redo the red so that they matched.
                          "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                          89L Silver EFI auto
                          91GL Green Auto DD
                          There ain't no rest for the wicked
                          until we close our eyes for good.
                          I will sleep when I die!
                          I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Originally posted by GenevaDirt View Post
                            if you didn't want to black tint them you could always redo the red so that they matched.
                            Redo the red? That will be perfect! But some say that the red will fade very easy. Do you have any sugestion about red spray that will be good?

Comment

I personally have not done it but I think that I have seen where people have used Candy style paint to get a desired affect. Those type of colors are see through and darken with layers I believe. You could make both look the same is that is the case by spraying both, but one more then the other.
                              "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                              89L Silver EFI auto
                              91GL Green Auto DD
                              There ain't no rest for the wicked
                              until we close our eyes for good.
                              I will sleep when I die!
                              I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

Working...
                              X