Festy parts becoming less readily available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festy parts becoming less readily available

Went to autozone to get an air filter for the Festy and was told it is now special order now! I can imagine reduced availability could mean higher prices. Since all we drive is Festivas (4 of them) I think I will stock a half dozen of them with my regular maintenance stuff.
    '89L 110k mi. BP/G swapped
    '90LX 68k mi. wrecked 12/14 RIP
    '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
    '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.
    '18 Kia Soul 40k mi. Daily
    '64 Studebaker Gran Turismo Hawk
    '66 International Harvester pickup

has been that way for a few years for me.
    "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
    89L Silver EFI auto
    91GL Green Auto DD
    There ain't no rest for the wicked
    until we close our eyes for good.
    I will sleep when I die!
    I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

I bought 10 air filters a couple of years ago.
      sigpic
      The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
      https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
      Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

I'm used to buying Festiva items in overnight form, no matter where I get my parts from.
        In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
        There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

I've ran into this with other parts, but not something as common as an air filter.
          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.

Comment

I've been running into that at Canadian Tire quite a bit. Even trying to find 13" rims. Mind you, just scored a full set of the white factory rims w/tires for $100 this week, and a full set of 12" tires last week for about the same. So with the two good ones still on Farmstiva, that gives me six white factory rims, two steelies off a Sprint (I think), and ten good (six of them new) 12" tires. Think that that will delay my search for 13's until spring at least, if not summer next year..
            Carz:
            '09 Ford F-150
            '80 Chrysler LeBaron Town and Country
            '80 Volvo 240 2dr coupe

'93 Festiva GL
            225996.9 kilometers = 140428.0 miles on the odometer
            ...and definitely more soon..

Comment

buy a K&N air filter for your festiva
              will last a lifetime. part no.33-2222
              1992 black GL
              1991 white GL
              1991 blue L parts car
              1992 blue L from Japan R.H.D.
              1948 ford conv. hot rod

Comment

If you think that's bad, I have to order my air filter elements from Australia.
                That is the penalty that I have to pay for installing a twin carby setup from an 81 Ford Laser. Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and order a few more. Sea mail takes about three months to get here.
                Last edited by bravekozak; 09-03-2011, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
                  If you think that's bad, I have to order my air filter elements from Australia.
                  That is the penalty that I have to pay for installing a twin carby setup from an 81 Ford Laser. Looks like I will have to bite the bullet and order a few more. Sea mail takes about three months to get here.
                  Take measurements of them; maybe Fram or some other supplier has one in the same dimensions, for a different application.

EDIT: Here is a link to the dimensions of your filter: http://www.rycofilters.com.au/catalo...ASER/part/A343
                  Last edited by TominMO; 09-04-2011, 08:50 AM.
                  90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                  09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Its not just festivas, many parts for older cars are getting harder to get ahold of, unless they are very very popular. But even then, I've had to overnight stuff for the late 80s civic and accord I used to have.
                    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Our local Car Quest has Wix Filter days in the spring and fall, so thats when i stalk up. Great filters at a great price.
                      An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Originally posted by TominMO View Post
                        Take measurements of them; maybe Fram or some other supplier has one in the same dimensions, for a different application.

EDIT: Here is a link to the dimensions of your filter: http://www.rycofilters.com.au/catalo...ASER/part/A343
                        I did an extensive search for cross-referenced air filters in or near this dimension and came up with nothing, even with K&N's site that lets you search by dimension. But perhaps you can modify the air cleaner housing a little to accept an easily-found filter that is close to but not exactly the size you need; or ditch the housing entirely and make a custom housing that lets you go with another filter.
                        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

I just found a seller on ebay with 3 wix filters for $7.30 each. I bought them all. Even with shipping its still cheaper then local stores.
                          Last edited by David88; 09-04-2011, 09:50 AM.
                          '90 F250 4X4 108K mi.
                          '13 Kia Rio 5 LX 70k mi.

Comment

Working...
                          X