• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 91_festy_Gl
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NicholasJackson
    replied
    I like to write a list, i always forget to do stuff.

Leave a comment:

• 91_festy_Gl
    replied
    LMAo at godzilla facepalm.

Leave a comment:

• IdealSociety
    replied
    always some classics:

Leave a comment:

• 91_festy_Gl
    replied
    I remember someone posted this so I couldnt help to repost it. LMFAO!

Leave a comment:

• htchbck
    replied
    I have never personally forgotten to torque them down, but I did pick up an Accord for cheap with that problem when I bought my parts car for the CRX. Guy didn't know what was wrong with it. He had swapped it from auto to MTX about 20k before and finally a couple bolts came out enough to pinch the clutch and keep it from disengaging. That was a good little car for a while, finally sold it to wifey's brother who blew up the trans a few thousand later :lol:

Leave a comment:

• daniel_cogar
    replied
    I usually get excited on the final steps and forget to connect the coil to dis wire, or hook the fuel lines up backwards ....

Leave a comment:

• Nerd Racing
    replied
    I had some torque converter bolts come out on a neon I fixed for my sister... I had even loctited them!

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    Originally posted by IdealSociety View Post
    Now at least i dont feel like im the only person to have ever made such a silly mistake!
    Well if your anything like me, from now on, you will always remember to torque the flywheel bolts :lol: everytime i touch a flywheel i always think of when i forgot to tighten the bolts

Leave a comment:

• IdealSociety
    replied
    Originally posted by Damkid View Post
    I've done that before.... forgot to torque the flywheel bolts :lol: it happens
    Now at least i dont feel like im the only person to have ever made such a silly mistake!

Leave a comment:

• ENEMY_
    replied
    My life is a facepalm

Leave a comment:

• Damkid
    replied
    I've done that before.... forgot to torque the flywheel bolts :lol: it happens

Leave a comment:

• IdealSociety
    replied
    flywheel/clutch as mentioned:

im just glad i dont have to buy another clutch, funds are tight atm and i could probably only afford a stock style disc.

Leave a comment:

• shadetree
    replied
    I got to fix one of those moments ... One of our other shops switched out a sixty series Detroit, and did the same thing !!!! When it got to us 150 miles away ,there was one bolt left with four threads hanging . Not to bad it only needed a six thousand dollar crank .. I rebuilt it while it was out costing 21,000 total ..

Leave a comment:

• IdealSociety
    started a topic /Facepalm moment

/Facepalm moment

pulled the last motor i put in the BP car that knocked after a minute of running. i was worried my 6 puck clutch had let loose or that the 4th cyl was just absolutely knocking itself to pieces.

turns out, when i did the rear seal, i never retorqued the flywheel down and they were only in hand-tight.

no damage done thankfully, but it does make me mad that i totally spaced out something as important as that when i put the motor back together

anyone else ever have a /facepalm moment like that?
Working...
X