Funny Festiva story/my kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Festiva story/my kids

Since I've had my white '91 my kids (3 and 5) think it is the coolest car. Whenever a ricer or maybe even a longshot kill would present itself I always said to them that I wish it had a bigger motor so I could beat it or something on them lines. They always want me to race somebody. Yesterday, a pretty cool opportunity presented itself. From where we were, we (my Festiva and kids and my wifes taurus wagon) had about a 5 mile jog through town (mostly 4 lane: lots of lights) and about a 10 mile stretch of only 2 lane to get home. She drives really slow on the highway so I told the kids we were going to race her (using the lane change technique without speed) to the split where the highway starts. I wasn't about to let her in front of me at that point.

I commentated to the kids as good as my race announcing experience lets me. Holy crap they were loving it even though we were never above the speed limit. We'd catch her at one light then fall back on the next. With literally a mile to go we were able to squeeze in front of her and beat her to the split. "Holy cow, we won. yeah yeah yeah no losing here tonight!" and that kind of stuff the kids like. After a few minutes of screaming and yelling we had calmed down for a minute when my 3 yr old said "You got your motor now didn't you daddy". Funny but if you have kids you know what I'm saying when I say I about went into the ditch. I will never EVER forget that one.
    -Bryant

Awesome! I can't wait till my little girl gets like that She already loves riding in Babystiva, we were afraid we might have to change mufflers (2' cherrybomb glasspack is all its got now) to something quieter, but she loves it Just smiles and smiles till she falls asleep. I'm happy, lol, I've got two more festivas that will need mufflers soon, and the glasspacks are only $20 each Hopefully she'll like the screaming of a redlined BP just as much
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I do the same with my mom:p
      91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
      14 C7 Z51

Comment

haaa.... that's awesome. Anytime my granddaughter is with me (she just turned 4)....no matter what car I am in....she is always saying " go fast papa " So if I am going slow I will punch it and let it rev out.....she just laughs,,,,,if we are already rolling I will punch it so it kicks down and let off so she feels the kick down and hears the rev. She tells everybody we were racing....it is a load.....lol.
        "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
        89L Silver EFI auto
        91GL Green Auto DD
        There ain't no rest for the wicked
        until we close our eyes for good.
        I will sleep when I die!
        I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

My girls loved my Festiva when they were little, but wouldn't be seen in it when they were teens. Enjoy it while you can :-)
          ~Jeff
          1988 Festiva LX Silver 5speed. 219,000 miles. My new daily driver.
          1988 Festiva L Plus Red 2brl 4speed. 504,477 miles and holding till I get the speed-o fixed.
          2003 Mustang GT 5speed

Comment

Evan loves it when I hit the gas! I normally here a wheee from the back. I might regret it someday.
            91 rusty Festiva 260k

Comment

I'm looking forward to having those kinds of stories myself..... i can't believe my little girl is already having her first birthday just next friday :shock: but she has said her first word already "daddy" :headbang:

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
              1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
              2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
                I'm looking forward to having those kinds of stories myself..... i can't believe my little girl is already having her first birthday just next friday :shock: but she has said her first word already "daddy" :headbang:
                awesome.....can't believe it has been a year already....sheeesh!
                "FLTG4LIFE" @FINALLEVEL , "PBH"
                89L Silver EFI auto
                91GL Green Auto DD
                There ain't no rest for the wicked
                until we close our eyes for good.
                I will sleep when I die!
                I'm a little hunk of tin, nobody knows what shape I'm in. I've got four wheels and a running board, I'm not a Chevy, I'M A FORD!

Comment

My youngest son is 12.......he got a little scared the first time I made a WOT run through the first 2 gears in my Mustang. Now he enjoys the adrenaline rush. I need to get him out on the go-kart more often this fall.
                  Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                  04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                  62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                  Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Working...
                  X