Winnie gets sunglasses (window tint)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winnie gets sunglasses (window tint)

It's 15% all round. The legal limit here is 35% with 20,15 and 5% the readily available options. They can also do the windscreen strip which I'll do next time.

And yeah I know she is still jacked up like an SUV, lowering her is next on the list now that I'm working again!
    200,000KM milestone!

Damn looks good, im also planning to tint the festy after i get my new engine in.

Where did you take it too?
    93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
    98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
    98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

Originally posted by NicholasJackson View Post
      Damn looks good, im also planning to tint the festy after i get my new engine in.

Where did you take it too?
      Thanks. I took it to a local business called Premier Window Tint, it cost $199 which is pretty standard I think. He's been doing tinting for 16 years and the car was finished in around 60 minutes, I haven't noticed any bubbles or defects anywhere - would have taken me half a day and not looked this good so I'm happy.

Here's some of the progress photos if you're interested ...

Last edited by Click_It; 09-09-2011, 08:56 PM.
      200,000KM milestone!

Comment

looks great & i like those rims!
        Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Ok yeah that doesn't sound too bad, i'd be interested to see if you get much hassle from the police.

- Nick.

Comment

Dad once had 5% on.. lasted but 2 weeks.. then they gave him 2 decisions..
            1) Canary.. or 2) Remove it then and there..
            Chose option 2 so he didnt have to go and get his second canary removed.. Fun times.
            LOOKS NICE AND DARK >=D

Comment

Canary??? What is this? In first context sounds like a term for jail but in second I have no clue since you can't have jail removed from yourself LoL
              Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

"Canary " or Yellow Sticker.. means the vehicle is exempt to drive on the road due to it having a defect.. must be checked over by a licenced mechanic and they will fill out a form to say the vehicle is roadworthy.. costs about $200 ?

Comment

Ugh lame that tint can get you a canary but I do like the idea of system considering some of the crap piles I see driving down the road that have real safety issues.
                  Send An Invite If Ya Want

1991 Ford Festiva GL- Auto

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDaveGulvak View Post
                    Ugh lame that tint can get you a canary but I do like the idea of system considering some of the crap piles I see driving down the road that have real safety issues.
                    Man you have no idea,

they go wayyyyy over the top with safety, it's a bit of a joke.

Comment

Yeah but dad lives in western australia.. they pick on any bloke in a commodore especially if they have chevy badges , chrome tail lights and some form of lowered suspension.. dads car is stocker then most commodores getting around. I've seen nissan chassis's with half the body cut off with hack saws in newman w.a get registered by the aboriginals.. its BS if you ask me.

Comment

RE: Police and legalities:

I had a good chat about this to the guy before getting the tint installed. He said 90% of customers choose 15% and to prove it he told me to look through his order book for the last week, sure enough all but one was 15%! He reckons the police won't bother you unless you have a "green or red letter" attached (P Plates, provisional license in Australia, ie: young driver) so we'll see... 15% tint is so common around this area you can literally spot several cars in any shopping car park any day of the week. So it's illegal but at least I'm one of many. If I get pulled over, watch this space.....

Originally posted by kumalaba View Post
                        looks great & i like those rims!
                        Thanks, I still can't believe how big 15" wheels look on our festy's. Looks like 19" on bigger cars. It should look better once I've lowered the car - currently running on aspire springs/shocks which is why its sitting high. Part time project, takes time to get all these things done.
                        Last edited by Click_It; 09-11-2011, 02:29 AM.
                        200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Man I love the look of the five doors! BTW, does the girl come with the car?
                          No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I thought to myself "Jacket? In Austrailia?"
                            But then I remembered y'all are in winter.
                            Jackets seem so foreign to me right now.. It's been so hot this summer.

Nice car. The extra doors make it look bigger, haha.
                            ~Austin
                            Red 88 L (Ocho)

Comment

Originally posted by htchbck View Post
                              Man I love the look of the five doors! BTW, does the girl come with the car?
                              Haha. The girl does come with the car but I have no plans on parting with either anytime soon :p

Yeah the 5 doors must look odd to you guys, I don't know which were more popular here but most of the festy's I see around here are the 5 door variety. Someone told me the 5 doors are a few inches longer but I don't know if that's a myth or not.
                              200,000KM milestone!

Comment

Working...
                              X