X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should i buy this????

| Hey everyone!
    |
    | I have been looking at getting this........It has a 660cc engine! Take a look here and let me know what you think ---> http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/va...592446214.html
    |
    |
    Last edited by Darlo; 09-10-2011, 07:26 PM.

I would pick it up! Cool looking little car.
    89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
    My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

oh HELLS yeah!!!! grab that thing up and turbo it with a gt12.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Remember......I want the best GAS MILEAGE! No turbo for me...... Some people are getting upwards of 75mpg out of these things!

Comment

that sized turbo will make the engine MORE efficient (adds power too as a bonus).
          Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
          94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Oh ok....lol shows what I know about cars!

Comment

Ha,ha ha, Remembering, it's ultimately about the "money saved" for him, now tell him what that garrett turbo will cost him.
              Us performance guys buy our spark plugs on a different planet than you hyper milers. We mean well
              Last edited by iceracerdude; 09-10-2011, 08:03 PM.
              97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
              CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
              Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

It isnt about money saved, it is about the numbers! Stats and all that.......If it was about money, I would find a 1.0liter metro for $500.......but this is only .66 liter and costs $4000!

Going from 46mpg to 65 (if that is what this would get) would only save me $40 - $60 a month........

This is simply to see how good it could get for mpg......for fun!
                Last edited by Darlo; 09-10-2011, 08:04 PM.

Comment

if you have $4000 sitting around then why not? I wouldnt buy a car just for good mileage though, buy a moped! haha
                  1979 Civic - Work in Progress http://myhondafestish.tumblr.com/

Comment

True, Although I was hoping that he would sell it for around $3000...... Even still, I dont think I am quite at a spot (in life) that I would just drop $3000 on a 20year old car, lol.......:nono:

Comment

Friend of mine has one here in Calgary. Already has a supercharger on it and revs well over 9000rpm. Raced him with the Festiva a couple of weeks ago and we were very close both on ETs and speed. Here's a link to an earlier visit to the track that he made.
                      Ian
                      Calgary AB, Canada
                      93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
                      59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Is $4000 a fair price for it? As I said, I was thinking more like $3000, but is that fair to even offer?

Comment

3000 to me would be fair if I was selling it.
                          89L build thread http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36422

1996 subaru impreza AWD 5 speed, EJ18

Post your festiva pics and vids here: www.movingviolationz.com
                          My site: 20tessa.sytes.net

Comment

The worst answer you can get is no.. even still 4k is pretty good for 50+mpg.

Comment

Originally posted by Brayy View Post
                              The worst answer you can get is no.. even still 4k is pretty good for 50+mpg.
                              If it only got 50-55mpg I would be upset! I already get up to 51mpg in my Festiva!

Comment

Working...
                              X