after 3 years, it lives again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• after 3 years, it lives again!

I've been working on a 99 Mazda 626 for the last 2 months or so, and today, I had the privalege of driving it to work for it's maiden voyage! Such a win for me, this thing has taken up my garage for far too long, and it sat at my moms house for almost 3 years because they thought it had a "cracked block." The mechanic they had apparently wasnt as good of a guy as they thought. There was cardboard in the plug wires at the coil keeping it from getting spark and making it run like crap. I put a ton of hours and around 450$ worth of parts in, including replacing sections of brake and gas lines that rusted out, fuel pump, battery, hood latch, all new fluids, and I drove it around town a few days then finally got funds for radiator fans and installed those today, and she's ready for the road. I found out quick the driver side has an issue, either a bad ball joint, or the brakes are giving me crap because they're too loose (someone didnt put the retaining clips on the caliper bracket years ago, i thought it would be fine but maybe not) and theres a little antifreeze leak comming from around the passenger side somewhere. No major issues tho, transmission shifts good, it goes when i push the gas, stops when i hit the brakes, and no irratic steering other than just needing an alignment (steering wheel is off a little)

Heres a pic of the mazda v the mazdakiafordspire, the problem is going to be deciding which one i want to drive, i don't want to make the other one jealous, maybe i'll switch every day?

2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Good for you, it always feels good to get a project done and the car looks good also.
    An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Yah now maybe i can paint my aspire next week, as long as the weather holds off at night..im probably painting and hoping for the best anyway, it looks horrible and surface rust is already showing thru, so if it doesnt get done this summer i dont think it'll be in good enough shape for recovery next year, without major repairs..patching and whatnot. Im gonna start the body work this week with some bondo, my first experience with the stuff so wish me luck.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
      X