• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injectors

Will a b3 run off of bp injectors.

Why would you want it to. There is no gain
    Ford Fester

Comment

you might be able to get it to run if you adjust the VAF way lean, but it will be really rich. I would be worried about running so rich that you wash the cylinder walls with gasoline and it gets into your oil... the bad things happen. If you are running forced induction then you might be ok.
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

what about b6t injectores

Comment

those flow even more than a BP...
          89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
          94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
          2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
          1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

injector envy?
            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

Install a tiny little lawnmower carb on the top of each injector hole and adjust them with something from the plumbing section of a hardware store.

No one else has this! You'd be unique.

As for BP injectors in a B3, someone has already brought that up.

May as well be unique!

Karl
              '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
              '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
              '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
              '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
              '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

A BP ECU bumps up the HP of a B3 to around 100 at the wheels. Some kid did it here a while back.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                  A BP ECU bumps up the HP of a B3 to around 100 at the wheels. Some kid did it here a while back.
                  joke?
                  :cry_smile: RIP. 91 Ford festiva BP swap

1990 Mazda Miata BP swap, 99 trans, 3.9 Torsen rear end, Mazdaspeed6 k04 turbo on 15 psi.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bhazard:

"A BP ECU bumps up the HP of a B3 to around 100 at the wheels. Some kid did it here a while back."

McKabe asked:

"joke?"

No joke, but it requires SAE trained monkeys under the hood yanking on various engine parts and coordinating timing pieces.

It's kinda like the cutting edge of bioengineering and hasn't been published much except in professional journals.

It's also a myth that Jane Goodall was involved. She worked with chimps, not monkeys, and she never attained SAE certification in her doctoral program.

I hope that settles this. We really don't want amateurs combining the wrong DNA with cast or forged parts. If you wonder why not, read Mary Shelly's account of the work of a Dr. Frankenstein. Bad things can happen. Maybe in this case, the H2N5, the "Monkey Flu." The Big One could be just around the corner!

Karl
                    Last edited by Safety Guy; 09-14-2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

Im not trying to get more power just trying to get the b3 running with the parts I have

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                        A BP ECU bumps up the HP of a B3 to around 100 at the wheels. Some kid said it here a while back

There, I fixed it.
                        97 Aspire w/K03 turbocharged b6 SOHC
                        CoolingMist Varicool II Meth injection
                        Phantom gripped and cryo'ed 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by iceracerdude View Post
                          A BP ECU bumps up the HP of a B3 to around 100 at the wheels. Some kid said it here a while back

There, I fixed it.
                          I see what u did there.
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Cestelle wrote:

"Im not trying to get more power just trying to get the b3 running with the parts I have."

Oh.

Okay, how do you know your B3 injectors are bad? Have you cleaned or tested them?

Have you troubleshooted the rest of your FI system?

If they're really not usable, then I'd go to a 'yard and pull some B3 injectors.

If you absolutely can't find any B3 injectors, and you can't afford to order new ones, the next step up would be B6 injectors. I'm not sure they'd work or be safe, but they'd be more likely to work okay than BP ones. (However, I realize you probably have a BP sitting around and not a B6.)

Sorry about the trained monkeys, etc. Like the others, I thought you were looking for a "turbo power shortcut."

Karl

Comment

Working...
                            X