goodbye ff.com :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• goodbye ff.com :(

Well school started for me, and I gotta say engineering is very time consuming so far. That said I don't have the time or resources to keep the festy on the road anymore. Insurance has been cancelled. Ad has been posted.

I just wanted to say thank you all for your time and help with my car. For the very short two months I was on here you guys were always willing to help out and put in time to explain things so even idiots could understand. You guys genuinely care about these cars and the people who drive them, so thank you.

I am located in Winnipeg and just posted her for sale, so any Winnipeg guys interested in a second, third, fourth, or whatever festiva you can have first dibs, maybe a little price cut too. I still want to break even and not take any losses on it though. No pictures in the ad yet I have to wait till after school tomorrow.

Thanks again for caring everybody. Maybe one day I'll be back.

You can stick around even if you don't have a festiva. We're cool like that.

Take it back to the back porch, join the 3 string revolution.

Comment

I know what you mean man, im half way through my engineering degree and i get maybe like once maybe twice to work on my festy a month.

Goodbye friend.
      93 Ford Festiva WA (project car)
      98 Ford Festiva WF (aspire)(parts car)
      98 "Gloria" Toyota Corolla AE101 (daily driver)

Comment

I am attending Penn State for engineering myself. On hiatus until Spring, but it is definitely time consuming.
        http://www.cardomain.com/id/hawkdoc60

01 Chevy Impala 9C1 police package "Unnamed yet". 154K
        88 LX 5 speed "Silver PHOENIX" Currently being rebuilt inside and out. 400K
        88 L 4 speed "Cherry Bomb" saved from the car crusher just in time. 186K
        06 Ford F-150 Pickup Replacement for my 2001 Impala Cop Car that lunched its engine.

Comment

If you're a real stingy goose you'll be back!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by anomoly40 View Post
            You can stick around even if you don't have a festiva. We're cool like that.
            Yep, once you join you can't leave.
            91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
            14 C7 Z51

Comment

Mine is gowing to the jk next week. But I'll still stick around. I'm on the hunt for another one
              J-S

'93L "Pepestiva" - 160 miles old Road Slave

Comment

"On the hunt for another one" is a way of life for most of us, much of the time. Little breaks due to being broke, too busy, or going to engineering school are allowed.

Just don't push it!

Karl
                '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                  "On the hunt for another one" is a way of life for most of us, much of the time.
                  Yep, whether we have one (or two or three) or not, we still have our eyes and ears open. Stick around, check in every now and then. I was active on here for a while back when I didn't have one... now we're back up to three, counting my two and my wife's (or her two plus my one, if you ask her ). But I'll always be here, Festiva or not.
                  No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Vw View Post
                    Yep, once you join you can't leave.
                    yup, we're like the Mafia... once you're in, you can't get out!!!!
                    Last edited by FB71; 09-19-2011, 10:07 AM.
                    Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                    Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

We all float down here?!
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Safety Guy View Post
                        "On the hunt for another one" is a way of life for most of us, much of the time.
                        Indeed. I'm currently out and selling off my last one (as I get little bits of free time) but I'd snatch up another runner if one popped up for a steal. No thinking involved.

Mine just got way too needy all of a sudden. No harm done, though.
                        Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                        91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Originally posted by js_og View Post
                          Mine is gowing to the jk next week. But I'll still stick around. I'm on the hunt for another one
                          Junkyard? Blasphemy!
                          Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                          Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                          "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

stingy goose, you will be back...
                            Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                            Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                            "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

wait... no offense, but if you cant afford to keep a festiva on the road.... are you gonna start riding bicycle? as far as i know, there isnt a more reliable cheaper better fuel mileage vehicle out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X