Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Buying another festiva Inspection Checklist??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying another festiva Inspection Checklist??

Alright, I found another Festiva that I am going to buy to drive while I finish my B6T Swap. There's nothing spectacular about it, Its just an L and has some rust in the normal areas, but it is at a dealership and has had the entire brake system replaced and wheel bearings. So this is my question for you guys.....What should I check out as far as drivability? I plan on taking the oil cap off for starters, I plan on buying this and taking a 3500 mile trip with it the next week, I just want to make sure it doesn't leave me stranded anywhere. Thanks guys!
    1921 Model T
    1940 Ford
    1960 F600 Fire Truck
    1963 Ford Falcon drag car
    1964 Ford Falcon Futura
    1964 1/2 Ford Mustang
    1966 Ford F100
    1973 Kenworth K100 Cabover 903CID Cummins
    1976 F650 Dump Truck
    1978 F150
    1980 F350 Pulling Truck
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    1990 Ford Mustang LX
    1992 Ford Festiva
    1992 Dodge D350 Cummins
    2000 Ford F350 Super Duty 7.3 Powerstroke

You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do.-Henry Ford

Since it's at a dealer they should have no problem with you giving it a thorough check over, I would inspect all of the fluids. Pulling off the oil cap and inspecting in the valve cover for caking can give you an idea of the overall maintenance history, also pulling it off for a moment when its running and putting your palm over it can also be a basic check for cylinder blowby if you feel pressure on your palm. if the oil wasn't changed often then you can pretty much assume the other fluids weren't either. I would check all of the lights and make certain every thing works.
    Check the v belt tightness. Make sure the keys work in all the doors and the hatch. And have them lift the vehicle so you can check the underside for any excessive or structural rot, any leaks and suspension issues or looseness. Allow the engine to reach operating temp and keep an eye on the temp gauge while you drive it. Just ensure to NOT remove the radiator cap when it's warm.! Listen for clunks, weird noises and be very receptive when you drive it. Salesmen like to talk alot during road tests if they go with. I told one to shut up one time...and I still walked away from it.. Good luck any questions just ask.. I work on fords for a living.
    Tim
    '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
    '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
    '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
    '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
    '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
    '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
    '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
    '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

I would be satisfied to own a vehicle that doesn't clunk clank bang or squeal in one way or another.

but that's just me.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

I'm picky, receptive and thorough. I've passed on the six I've looked at this season..
        Tim
        '97 Aspire ST, UltraViolet Blue, 37k miles - New Storage Queen
        '03 SVT Lightning, Dark Shadow Gray, 30k miles - Storage Queen 11 months/year
        '95 SVT Aspire B3T, Green Mica, 75k miles - DD
        '01 ZX-500R, Violet Pearl/Gray, 5400 miles - Storage Queen
        '89 Suzuki FA50 Bright Red - Lake Transportation

Cardomain.com/id/aspiresvt

Previous Vehicles
        '92 Festiva L "Sport" Green Mica
        '92 Festiva GL Blue Pearl
        '92 Capri XR2 Performance Red

Comment

Mine clunks, rattles, and moans all over. But it will immediately start, take me anywhere I wanna go, and I actually trust it to get me wherever I go.
          2+ years and it hasnt failed me (...not too badly, anyway!) Thats another story, and not the cars fault.
          Solid reliable transport.
          Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
          Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
          Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
          Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
          http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Working...
          X