Festiva rear glass seal & suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Festiva rear glass seal & suppliers

Hello everyone, this is my first posting on here.

I want to install a heated rear tailgate glass in my teal '93 Festiva (the Smurfmobile). I have the glass, switch etc. But I want a new rubber seal for the glass so that this is done properly.

Festiva Motorsport list it and on their website their means of contact is by phone. Well I've called and called and left messages a couple of times but am completely unable to establish contact with them. Is this outfit now defunct?

Another out fit - Festiva parts for sale http://www.fordfestivaparts.50webs.com/index.html list the item and only means of contact is email. I've sent a couple of emails to them but no reply ever comes back. Has this outfit gone down the plughole of oblivion?

So where can I get a new rear glass seal from? I don't think Ford still list it or maybe someone knows differently. Any help would be appreciated.
    '93 Festiva GL Auto "The Black Widow"
    '93 Festiva GL Auto "The Smurfmobile"

Welcome to the site! Good to see you got your location down and a profile pic! Let's see some pictures of the smurfmobile. As far as the seal goes, ford no longer has them. You can either ask a glass doctor or head to the junkyard. Is your seal bad? If it isn't you can clean it up with plain old windex. Its a lip type seal so installation is easy with a 1/8" nylon rope. Removal isn't so simple. If you want a seal and are not coming up with one from the doctor or the yard of treasures then someone on here is bound to have one and help you out.
    Ford Fester

Comment

Working...
    X