Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finally heading west!!

Hey everyone,
    Well, tomorrow morning I start my trip to CA from Pittsburgh!!
    oil is good, but as my mechanic says " it's leaking oil from every orifice"
    so I'm bringing some oil.

Changed the alternator belt. Not sure If I'll have the time to change the thermostat and lower hose, but I have the parts with me.

Master cylinder is leaking, so I have some brake fluid.

So, wish me luck and say some prayers. I'm making it a 5-day trip, no hurry. Also I joined AAA!!

OK, I don't have a laptop, but I'll write more and tell you how things went when I get there next Thursday!
    If it has boobs or wheels, sooner or later you're going to have trouble with it.
    Mark S.

Good Luck! My festiva made it back and forth from ATL to CT 3 times so you should be good... just bring an ipod with head phones because you cant hear a thing with the stock speakers and the exhaust :roll:
    Ian Carr
    88' flat black festy, has an e-brake that works!
    99' S70 T5M- faster DD
    86' 951- almost ready for track season

My old b6t- wish i still had it
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2241793

Every car I have owned has had a turbo in it, until I bought this latest festiva.. I plan to fix that though.

Comment

I wish you luck. Just driving from WI to PA I had to stop several times just to walk around and get the feeling back in my legs LoL. I had no rear interior in my car at all and the road noise was horrible.
      Paul
      91GL
      Menomonee Falls, WI

Comment

I'd bring an extra set of wheel bearings if I were you and grease up the ones on it before you go.
        Tired of...waiting...must...build ...Festy...!

Comment

Originally posted by project b6t
          Good Luck! My festiva made it back and forth from ATL to CT 3 times so you should be good... just bring an ipod with head phones because you cant hear a thing with the stock speakers and the exhaust :roll:
          headphones?????

so you can't hear the 18 wheeler before he runs over your ass??????

Comment

Originally posted by eturnlfesti
            I'd bring an extra set of wheel bearings if I were you and grease up the ones on it before you go.
            :wink: DEFINITELY take some spare bearings and maybe a spindle too! I made a trip from Wichita, KS to San Antonio and my left rear bearing melted into my spindle. cost me $300 + 2 days. Broke down 20 miles out too!

Good luck and keep us posted...curious to see how far you make it before car problems take effect. May the Force be with you! :salute:
            Rob "BossMan" Petty

Comment

Working...
            X