What size wiper blade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What size wiper blade?

I'm running the stock 17. How much longer can I go? Guy at McParts said it will decrease the wiper motor life to go much longer. Anyway, any thoughts?

On the driver's side, I run a 20" with out trouble. It sweeps a lot more of the windshield but it looks like it could run a 21" as well.
    -Zack
    Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

20's about the max i would go, the arm's spring isn't THAT strong to control anything longer.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

The spring just holds it to the windshield. If you wanted a stronger spring/better arm, get some off of... I think it's a Nissan Sentra. Others have posted about it through the forum so that's searchable.
        -Zack
        Blue '93 GL Auto: White 13" 5 Point Wheels, Full LED Conversion, and an 8" Sub

Comment

The older early and mid nineties "boxy" Sentras. I pulled a pair but haven't used them yet. They're stainless steel, too!

Karl
          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Festys are 'great' for having the wipers lift off or barely clean the glass at excessive highway speeds. Always ticked me off no end. Price conscious, it was a complete fluke I bought a set of "Reflex hybrid" (all season as opposed to Reflex model winters) blades last fall at Canadian Tire and they do not lift at any speed. The shape of the body is different from regular wiper blades and I guess it is harder for the wind to buoy them. For the heck of it I have a longer blade on the driver side (19 or 20" I think) and the standard 18 on the other.

Comment

Working...
            X